Forums
Posted By: detsi Wallaces travelling fair - 23rd Sep 2011 7:44pm
I wonder what ever happened to it. It would turn up in Birkenhead once a year in the early 60's. The atmosphere was fantastic. All the best music of the time was played non stop. I can hear Gene Vincent singing 'She Little Sheila' and The Marcels' 'Blue Moon' blaring out even now. Great place to get fixed up as there were girls galore and you could always pose by hanging off the waltzer to impress. Usually a big fight would start but who cared. Those were the days.
Posted By: hoseman Re: Wallaces travelling fair - 23rd Sep 2011 8:19pm
They still going strong! Done quite bit of work for them on the rides.
They had the big fair at the waste ground on the four bridges site earlier in the year!
They travel and got large workshops/depot where they repair and maintain the rides out in Cheshire.
Posted By: Helles Re: Wallaces travelling fair - 24th Sep 2011 7:58am
I used to hang around on the waltzer to see the girls knickers as the cars spun around. Happy days! laugh

Wasn't it Wallis not Wallace?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Wallaces travelling fair - 24th Sep 2011 8:04am
Originally Posted by Helles

Yes, NOW I remember it.
Posted By: detsi Re: Wallaces travelling fair - 24th Sep 2011 8:09am
Originally Posted by Helles
I used to hang around on the waltzer to see the girls knickers as the cars spun around. Happy days! laugh

My apologies, yes, I think it was.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Wallaces travelling fair - 24th Sep 2011 2:19pm
i remember them! used to come to New Ferry park every year----
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Wallaces travelling fair - 24th Sep 2011 4:21pm
When they came to bromborough common it was always a riot with birkenhead scooter boys, eastham boot boys and ellesmere port raging a riot on my door step.
One night i got caught in an alley and they kicked the s,,,, out of me.

Personally not the best time of my life
© Wirral-Wikiwirral