Forums
Posted By: BennyBoy St Johns School (Oliver Street Birkenhead) - 30th Aug 2011 6:55pm
Does anyone have any information, form photographs or old pictures of St Johns primary/infant school in Oliver Street Birkenhead.

My nan's mum and my grandad's father went there in around 1920, where they were in the same class. They never met each other again until my nan and grandad met years later.

Would be a real help if anyone has any pictures of the school
Posted By: derekdwc Re: St Johns School (Oliver Street Birkenhead) - 30th Aug 2011 7:51pm
here

#521232 - 21st May 2011 3:07am Re: Oliver Street, Birkenhead pic request

and here
#341252 - 8th Aug 2009 12:14pm
Posted By: BennyBoy Re: St Johns School (Oliver Street Birkenhead) - 30th Aug 2011 9:01pm
Thanks, the pics are great. I have seen them before but I couldn't find where I had found them.

My nan has said that there is definitely form photos of the school children around that time somewhere. I thought I would ask on here before I go and visit the wirral archives.
I have a form photograph of St John's School, labelled "Group 5" with my uncle on, he was born in 1912,so I would imagine this would have been taken 1918ish, If I can find out how to load a photo I'll do it, expert advice needed please
Posted By: chriskay Re: St Johns School (Oliver Street Birkenhead) - 23rd Sep 2014 11:09pm
Originally Posted by locomotive
I have a form photograph of St John's School, labelled "Group 5" with my uncle on, he was born in 1912,so I would imagine this would have been taken 1918ish, If I can find out how to load a photo I'll do it, expert advice needed please

When you use "Reply",(not quick reply), you'll see under the main text box an underlined "Upload Manager". If you click on that, then "Browse" you can search on your hard drive for the pic. Select it, click "Add file" then "Done adding files" then close that box. There will then be a file opposite "Upload Manager". Then just click "Submit" as usual.
St John's school about 1918/1919 my Uncle is on the back row wearing a sailor type suit, he was born in 1913

Attached picture St John's School 1918.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral