Forums
Posted By: diablo6 Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 28th Aug 2011 3:00pm
It was over the British School of Motoring in Birkenhead can's remember what nights it was one. There was always something to do in the 60's never enough nights to do everything.
I remember going to the Cabin club as well I think the building is still there when you come over the flyover to Birkenhead on the right hand side.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 28th Aug 2011 3:56pm
Originally Posted by diablo6
It was over the British School of Motoring in Birkenhead can's remember what nights it was one. There was always something to do in the 60's never enough nights to do everything.
I remember going to the Cabin club as well I think the building is still there when you come over the flyover to Birkenhead on the right hand side.
Wasn't the cabin club situated above a car showroom called the "House of Geoffre"?
There was three cabin clubs in the area, the one by the old market (about the car show room - except when the floor fell through), the one in Noctorum and one in Liverpool.

I notice there's still a Cabin Club in Liverpool, no idea if its related.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 28th Aug 2011 4:09pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
There was three cabin clubs in the area, the one by the old market (about the car show room - except when the floor fell through), the one in Noctorum and one in Liverpool.

I notice there's still a Cabin Club in Liverpool, no idea if its related.
I'm surprised the floor was capable of falling in,the carpet was so sticky that you had to wear snow shoes to avoid being glued to the spot,especially when standing close to the bar.
Posted By: diablo6 Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 28th Aug 2011 5:47pm
It was in Birkenhead I live in Eastham and we used to get crosville bus and get off by the tunnel. It has changed so much but the Cabin club had a few floors and different types of music.I am sure it is or was a gym now I see if when I get the bus over the flyover.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 28th Aug 2011 6:55pm
It was the Old Instonians Football Club which was over the British School of Motoring in Birkenhead.
Their rugby club was in the field by the bridge in Woodchurch Road
Posted By: diablo6 Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 29th Aug 2011 4:43pm
Thats right of course it was, getting mixed up ( the age) I live by Anselmians in Eastham so we used to go to quite a few of the Rugby clubs. Good old days. Thanks for that.
Posted By: davaw1 Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 29th Aug 2011 5:36pm
I remember there used to be the frame of an old stand for a rugby club were the new houses have been built on the Noctourm. You could see it from the River Fender, also i used to remember an abandonded bungalow on the land.
Posted By: masterbun Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 30th Aug 2011 2:25am
I think this was the Old Birkonians Rugby Club
Posted By: rocks Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 30th Aug 2011 5:18am
i remember in the early 1980s a few times a club called the old wirralians (the willies) putting on an under 18s disco that ended at 11pm and no ale allowed (so we got drunk before hand ha) is this the same place? i just remember having to walk over fields to get to it as sometimes when it was muddy id get a piggy back off one of the lads in our gang smile
Posted By: kaycee Re: Anyone remember the Old Wirralians club - 6th Sep 2011 10:10am
I think the old Wirralians was near Carlett Park College in the late 50s
© Wirral-Wikiwirral