Forums
Posted By: D_J_M New Ferry Tropical Medicine hospital - 11th Jul 2011 1:33am
Does anyone know where i can get any pics of this hospital when it was standing and any history on it i have looked everywhere and onli get the same as what is on the sign in shorefields thanks in advance

Dave
Posted By: Tatey Re: New Ferry Tropical Medicine hospital - 11th Jul 2011 4:28am
Originally Posted by davemills
Does anyone know where i can get any pics of this hospital when it was standing and any history on it i have looked everywhere and onli get the same as what is on the sign in shorefields thanks in advance

Dave

Have you had a look at this site http://www.newferryonline.org.uk/ there are some pictures on there. I took some photos of what remains of the brick walls last year.
Posted By: D_J_M Re: New Ferry Tropical Medicine hospital - 12th Jul 2011 11:41pm
Originally Posted by Tatey
Originally Posted by davemills

Dave

Have you had a look at this site http://www.newferryonline.org.uk/ there are some pictures on there. I took some photos of what remains of the brick walls last year.

yeh i have looked but cant really see any pics of it i have looked and onli find a snippet of the history but no pics
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: New Ferry Tropical Medicine hospital - 13th Jul 2011 12:24am
Here is a WikiWirral thread with pictures ...

CLICKY
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: New Ferry Tropical Medicine hospital - 15th Jul 2011 8:40pm
The Isolation Hospital,New Ferry c 1900 . From 'Old Bebington' by Dave Mitchell.I'm assuming this is the same place.

Attached picture the isolation hospital new ferry c1900.jpg
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: New Ferry Tropical Medicine hospital - 15th Jul 2011 8:43pm
Again sourced from Dave Mitchelson's excellent book 'Old Bebington' 'A Portrait in old Picture Postcards'

Attached picture the isolation hospital new ferry c1900_0002.jpg
Posted By: kaycee Re: New Ferry Tropical Medicine hospital - 23rd Jul 2011 1:05pm
I remember this place well as a kid in the 40s/50s.Strange that the open air swimming pool was built right next to an isolation hospital!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral