Forums
Posted By: tom54 ROCK FERRY HIGH SCHOOL - 25th Jul 2010 12:49pm
The only information I can supply is pretty basic. I believe the main building was built in the 1920s. Opposite this is Ravenswood, a former private house. On the other side of the footpath (which runs from Old Chester Road to Highfield South) was another private house, Stoneleigh (now sadly demolished), which was somewhat larger than Ravenswood.

When I was at the school, between 1965 and 1970, the school consisted solely of these 3 buildings. My form room was in Stoneleigh, which also housed the dinner hall and music room. I remember staying after school for music practice, on the top floor of Stoneleigh in a little room with a really weird atmosphere. In the middle of the room was a glass display case full of miniature replicas of Ancient Egyptian artifacts(I have no idea why). Ravenswood - which is a beautiful building housed the Language Lab.

I hope this is of some help.
Posted By: tom54 Re: ROCK FERRY HIGH SCHOOL - 25th Jul 2010 12:53pm
I forget to mention in the above post that, as you entered the school grounds from Ravenswood Avenue, there was an old stable building, probably belonging to Ravenswood house. This was used as the bike sheds during my time at the school. This has also been demolished, and the site is now occupied by the Home Economics block.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral