Forums
Posted By: Jess53 Twenty Row Inn - 1st Jul 2011 2:45pm
Anyone have any photos of the Twenty Row inn? As my mum would love to get one as her friend met her future husband there in the late '50's, thanks Jess
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Twenty Row Inn - 1st Jul 2011 2:51pm
pub index
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Twenty Row Inn - 1st Jul 2011 5:23pm
This is the "Twenty Row" of cottages mentioned in the link.

I "think" I can recall the pub building before the last one to be demolished - but do not have any pics of it

Snod

Attached picture TwentyRowcottages-0012.jpg
Posted By: Tatey Re: Twenty Row Inn - 1st Jul 2011 7:37pm
I remember the cottages well as after school (St. Georges, Leasowe Rd)we used to play down there as one of my friends lived there.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Twenty Row Inn - 2nd Jul 2011 3:32pm
These may be a bit too recent for you LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Twenty Row Inn - 4th Jul 2011 1:00pm
Anyone else ever noticed the lady in one of the houses opposite always sweeping her driveway and the pavement?... Everytime I drive past she's out with her brush!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Twenty Row Inn - 4th Jul 2011 2:09pm
I think I've spotted her now you mention it!

Take me back those pictures! Last drink I had in there was a football end of season thing and I've not played football since I was about 16!

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Twenty Row Inn - 5th Jul 2011 4:26am
Originally Posted by Nobody

Take me back those pictures! Last drink I had in there was a football end of season thing and I've not played football since I was about 16!

The place was not very nice.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Twenty Row Inn - 5th Jul 2011 5:42am
Shame they didn't leave the old pub in place & renovate the row of cottages as they would be very desirable these days. Isn't hindsight wonderful?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Twenty Row Inn - 5th Jul 2011 5:43am
It is indeed Tatey.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Twenty Row Inn - 5th Jul 2011 7:19am
Originally Posted by Tatey
Shame they didn't leave the old pub in place & renovate the row of cottages as they would be very desirable these days. Isn't hindsight wonderful?

Yes, also a shame they have destroyed the look of Wallasey village by knocking all the old cottages down and the church.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Twenty Row Inn - 5th Jul 2011 8:29am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by Nobody

The place was not very nice.

So I believe. I was young and naive back then though.

Posted By: Boogles Re: Twenty Row Inn - 6th Jul 2011 10:31am
Here we are, this is the thread that drew me in here.

The place, I agree with Ste above, wasn't very nice at times but we had a great group of locals who would sup our pints and pass the time in complete peace without causing a stir; I certainly did never fight in there.

It's really sad to see it on fire.

Kind regards,
Ian
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Twenty Row Inn - 7th Jul 2011 10:18am
Nice photo of Wallasey Terrace, Snod. Big gardens but small houses! My mother was born in number 15 in 1910. Her father had married a widow with a large family and according to the 1911 census there were 9 people living in 4 rooms!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral