Forums
Posted By: Jess53 Coffee shop Liscard village - 19th Jun 2011 12:55pm
Hi Guys,
Can anyone remember the coffe shop at Liscard Village that had some wonderful paintings on the walls by a local artist called Ruth Lawson? Thanks Jess
Posted By: Helles Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 19th Jun 2011 5:39pm
Originally Posted by Jess53
Hi Guys,
Can anyone remember the coffe shop at Liscard Village that had some wonderful paintings on the walls by a local artist called Ruth Lawson? Thanks Jess

Coffee roast?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 19th Jun 2011 7:03pm
Kettle curb?
Posted By: torryman Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 19th Jun 2011 7:57pm
coffee and cards?
opposite where Stanley's pub is now????
Posted By: Jess53 Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 19th Jun 2011 9:13pm
Hi thanks for the replies. not too sure of the name but the paintings were by a family friend back in 1955/56. My mum used to take me back there for many years to look at them, never knew what happended to them either, any ideas? Were ther any pictures taken of them? Thanks
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 19th Jun 2011 11:14pm
Coffee Roast was on Seaview Road. It only closed last year, I think - I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 20th Jun 2011 6:13am
"Kardohma" unsure of spelling?
Posted By: sandstorm Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 20th Jun 2011 12:04pm
The one I can remember was called the Copper Kettle. I used to go there in the early 80's, very old fashioned and quaint.
Posted By: Helles Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 20th Jun 2011 1:33pm
As far as I know, only the coffee roast has been going that long or was until it closed as stated. Used to go there with my mum back in the 50's as a treat.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 21st Jun 2011 8:30am
Why did the Coffee Roast close?

Owned by Jan Molby's wifes mother or grandmother I seem to recall? I used to go in there all the time with them when I was a kid.

Posted By: Helles Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 21st Jun 2011 4:27pm
Originally Posted by Nobody
Why did the Coffee Roast close?

Owned by Jan Molby's wifes mother or grandmother I seem to recall? I used to go in there all the time with them when I was a kid.

Silly things like MacDonalds, Subway etc I presume?
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 21st Jun 2011 5:54pm
Hello Nobody if the coffee roast closed last year and if it was owned by Molby`s mother in law the reason for closure could be the fact that she died a while back
Posted By: Jess53 Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 21st Jun 2011 9:12pm
Does anyone remeber the pictures on the wall?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Coffee shop Liscard village - 21st Jun 2011 10:19pm
Originally Posted by gypsyjune
Hello Nobody if the coffee roast closed last year and if it was owned by Molby`s mother in law the reason for closure could be the fact that she died a while back

Possibly. Don't see them as much as I did.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral