Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Bowling Club and Tennis Courts - Rockland Road - 24th Apr 2011 11:08pm
Does anyone have any pictures of the tennis courts that used to be on Rockland Road? The tennis club was purchased about 22 years ago and two detached houses now stand on the site.

The bowling club was a later development, now has a small development of apartments on it.

Cheers
Posted By: Tatey Re: Bowling Club and Tennis Courts - Rockland Road - 25th Apr 2011 7:44am
I will have a look at my parents old photos as they were both members there (tennis) & as a child I spent many happy hours wandering around. Also have vivid memories of the club house & the large tea urn when Mum used to make the tea for the players after the game.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bowling Club and Tennis Courts - Rockland Road - 25th Apr 2011 9:30am
Cheers Tatey, would be great to see some pictures of how it looked before.

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bowling Club and Tennis Courts - Rockland Road - 25th Apr 2011 1:49pm
I remember the bowling green and club house on the corner.
Posted By: Tatey Re: Bowling Club and Tennis Courts - Rockland Road - 26th Apr 2011 9:21am
Alex85,

Just had a good look & sadly nothing from there. Loads from Leasowe Tennis Club & various holidays etc.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral