Forums
Posted By: Stegga Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 28th Mar 2011 2:52pm
Hi, I was wondering if any of the resident map experts on here would know just where Daisy Grove was in Seacombe? I know it doesn't exist now but I haven't been able to find it on any old maps i've come across. My wifes grandfather Arthur Weedall(a waterman)moved there around 1900 from Northwich, Cheshire. I found this out while researching our family trees and has just bugged me that I don't know where it was.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
Posted By: chriskay Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 28th Mar 2011 3:52pm
Here you are, Stegga. I've included Seacombe Ferry on to help place it. You can zoom in using Ctrl +
Actually, the roads either side of it, Hawthorne Grove & Percy Rd. are still there.

Attached picture Daisy Grove.jpg
Posted By: Stegga Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 28th Mar 2011 4:11pm
That's excellent, thank you, and so quick. Right by the Mona Castle Pub too, I used to frequent the Mona in the late 80's.
Thanks again Chriskay.
Posted By: Helles Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 28th Mar 2011 7:04pm
Think that was the road where they did some filming in the 1960's? Virtually opposite Hector Jacksons. Can't remember the film name but starred Nichol (sp?) Williamson.
Posted By: Geekus Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 28th Mar 2011 8:00pm
'Matter of Honour' with Nicol Williamson & Ann Bell. popcorn
Posted By: Geekus Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 28th Mar 2011 8:21pm
withthat

Also possibly known as 'The Reckoning' (1971)??? Bit of a gangster type movie (with wrestling!!!).
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 29th Mar 2011 7:57am
Wasn't Ann Bell a local Wallasey girl? Daughter of a doctor or dentist in Wallasey Road?
Posted By: Geekus Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 30th Mar 2011 8:21am
Yeah, born Wallasey (1940), father John Forrest Bell according to t'internet. Went to Birkenhead High School. Married to the actor Robert Lang.

Best known for her role in the BBC series 'Tenko'.

google

Think the 'Matter of Honour' film was part filmed in Daisy Grove, and King St.
Posted By: SarahB44 Re: Where was Daisy Grove, Seacombe? - 8th Jul 2023 7:22pm
Does anyone have any information on Lily grove in seacombe? Would love to see a map or photos with it on to show my mother in law where her mother grew up. ??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral