Forums
Posted By: carole finding an old friend for my dad - 23rd Mar 2011 10:51pm
Hi all strange reqest does anyone know robert christianson,82 yrs young from lower tranmere,last known location higher tranmere.
Any ideas of how i can trace him,ie where do i start looking ect my dad 81 would love to find him,my dad now lives in heywood manchester but from wye street birkenhead any advice much apreciated.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 23rd Mar 2011 11:18pm
I read the title of this topic and all I could think was, 'Can't he find his own friends??'

Anyway, I'd suggest maybe stick something in the Globe or Wirral News - people sometimes respond to that kind of thing smile
Posted By: poodlepup Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 23rd Mar 2011 11:22pm
electoral roles might find him.
Posted By: spannerman Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 23rd Mar 2011 11:48pm
Originally Posted by MissGuided
I read the title of this topic and all I could think was, 'Can't he find his own friends??'

Anyway, I'd suggest maybe stick something in the Globe or Wirral News - people sometimes respond to that kind of thing smile

I read your reply and all i can think is dont be so patronising!
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 24th Mar 2011 9:27am
Originally Posted by spannerman
Originally Posted by MissGuided

I read your reply and all i can think is dont be so patronising!

agreed spanner, and anyway it did say "old friend". I often take the mick myself but think this was a bit ott at an old man's request.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 24th Mar 2011 10:48am
Did this robert christianson live in the flats near the Royal Standard pub and run it's football team late 60s early 70s.
If so, I think he had a son the same name who would be about 60 now

looked in local telephone book but no christianson but 5 entries for christiansen
Posted By: carole Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 24th Mar 2011 9:20pm
hi thanks for your reply and yes he had a son,he would be around that age,as for the football i would have to ask my dad,but he last seen robert over 25 yrs ago,then lost touch with him,we are planning a visit to birkenhead in the summer all being well with my dad.will have to check spelling of the surname.thanks again
Posted By: rocketqueen Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 25th Mar 2011 5:40pm
that would be really nice for your dad if the man you are looking for can be found xxx
Posted By: carole Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 25th Mar 2011 9:56pm
Thanks for the info i now know roberts son was called robert and his surname could be spelt christiansen,dont know about the football interest,but found outrobert seniors late wifes name was hilda thats all i have thanks all for your help
Posted By: minicooper Re: finding an old friend for my dad - 25th Mar 2011 11:37pm
Yes I also new Bob from the ROYAL STANDARD he ran the team with John Lucas. I remember he had a daughter too.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral