Forums
Posted By: inglefield Inglefields in Bebington - 3rd Feb 2011 10:09pm
Hello Wirral! Just found I'm descended from a family called Inglefield from Higher Bebington. My Gt Gt Grandmother Jane Inglefield b 1825 married Johnson Bradshaw b 1818. There was also a cottage called Inglefield Cottage in Higher Bebington- is it still there? Is anyone out there researching this family?
Very grateful for any help, I live on the other side of the country!
Posted By: LisaW Re: Inglefields in Bebington - 4th Feb 2011 7:45am
This link shows property owned or rented by Inglefield's in Bebington that may be interest.

Inglefield Cottage i believe stood on Mill Road facing the junction of Well Lane.

Looking on streetview, i can't tell if the cottage is still standing. There is a cottage but the position doesn't seem to fit with the old maps which could of course be slighty out.

Hopefully someone with local knowledge could confirm if it's still there.

Posted By: nightwalker Re: Inglefields in Bebington - 4th Feb 2011 12:24pm
Hi there
The Inglefields are a very old Wirral family. If you go to this link you’ll find records going back to the early 17th century (Births 1650; Marriages 1619; Deaths 1620).

http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~cprdb/

Going further back to the Subsidy Rolls for 1535 there are two mentions: Alexandro Ingelfelde in Stourton and Richardo Inglefield in Tranmere (Subsidy Rolls are records of taxation in England made between the 12th and 17th centuries. The subsidies of 1532-1535 covered the householders of middling and higher status).

Good hunting!
Posted By: LisaW Re: Inglefields in Bebington - 4th Feb 2011 1:21pm
Fantastic link Nightwalker smile Thanks
Posted By: nightwalker Re: Inglefields in Bebington - 4th Feb 2011 1:52pm
Yes, it is a great site which I use all the time. However, a word of warning - it doesn't use soundex so the results are only for what you type in. For example, when I'm looking for Upton I also have to search for Uption, Upshon and Upshone!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral