Forums
Posted By: bart63 Dockers Club Birkenhead - 27th Nov 2010 9:45pm
Hi am i was wondering if anyone has any pictures or info on the Dockers Club Birkenhead.
I remember going to the Christmas parties there as my dad was a docker.

Thanks
Posted By: bert1 Re: Dockers Club Birkenhead - 28th Nov 2010 6:38am
Sorry, haven't got any pics, which Dockers club are you referring to, my memory tells me there were two. The club in Valley Rd, The Blue Union dockers club and there was also a dockers club in Bessborough rd on the corner of either Clive rd or Laburnum rd. I went to both only a couple of times, i think the one in Valley rd was quite a modern building, the Bessborough rd club, i think was a converted church.
Posted By: drumhead Re: Dockers Club Birkenhead - 16th Dec 2010 12:51pm
The Bessborough Road club was inddeed a converted church. It was Birkenhead Unitarian Church. A search with that name might find more info.
Regards
Posted By: oldbirkonian1 Re: Dockers Club Birkenhead - 8th Mar 2011 6:49pm
do you mean the blue union club on duke street birkenhead? My mum worked behind the bar there and I too remember going there to meet her after work! aso remeber seeing Lulu there (upstairs) and mum was shocked by the language from such a young girl, she must have been about 15 or 16 I think.
Posted By: bart63 Re: Dockers Club Birkenhead - 15th Sep 2012 9:53pm
The dockers club i am interested in is the one that was in valley road.
I cant find any information on it.
Anyone got ant memories or photos.
Posted By: suwinter Re: Dockers Club Birkenhead - 26th Jun 2018 1:57pm
Bart63 - did you get any further info? My Dad's friend Eileen Farmer was the licensee there for many years. She was quite a character!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral