Forums
Posted By: Jess53 Dr. Jozeph Labno - 18th Sep 2010 1:11pm
Hi folks does anyone have any info on Dr. Labno/ He was in practice in Birkenhead late '50's early 60's, tracing the Labno family, cheers Jess
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 18th Sep 2010 3:38pm
Pretty sure there was a Dr labno who either lived in and had his surgery in Claughton Rd between Hemingford st and Camden st (the part that run along st andrews square flats)
He had a son - forget christian name(but Stanley seems to strike a chord) age about 13 in 1958
Posted By: PeterLFC Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 18th Sep 2010 8:44pm
Hi i know the labno family now i will tell them you have posted this and get them to look.
Posted By: Wizzo Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 29th May 2011 7:13pm
Hi Jess. I remember Doctor "Labno", he had his home and practice in "Claughton" Road opposite to were I lived, half way from "Hemmingford" Street, and "Camden" Street, possibly No.90-100 he had a large garden with a large oak tree growing in it, he wasn't my doctor alas, my doctor was doctor "Mitchell" & doctor "Dickie" in Conway Street tucked around "Hestletines" Sweet shop, sorry I cant be more Informative, about Doctor "Labno" but I hope this helps. smile
Posted By: cathcart Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 29th May 2011 8:09pm
dr. dickie was my doctor,i lived on marion street,he was just of dacre street i think.be interesting to know exactly where.
Posted By: Wizzo Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 30th May 2011 11:17pm
Hi "Cathcart". Do you remember The Dr's "Mitchell" & "Dickie" surgery it was actually on "Conway" Street, but had its entrance on the side of the building, their was no building next to the surgery as it was a walkthrough to "Dacre" Street, after the walkthrough came the launderette. Happy days Eh! "Cathcart" dont you agree. cheers! Wizzo. smile
Posted By: cathcart Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 31st May 2011 4:44am
your right wizzo,happy days. your description is spot on. it was a great area to be brought up,kids could enjoy themselves for free.indeed happy days.
Posted By: Erainn Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 3rd Jun 2011 4:03pm
The son's name was Ian Labno as far as memory serves, he would be around 16 or 17 in 1971.
Posted By: spannerman55 Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 8th Jun 2011 6:26pm
Hi First time on i can't believe the memories this all triggers.i don't know where Dr. Labnos' surgery was but i was at Hamilton Secondary until 1963 with his son Stanley.
Posted By: spannerman55 Re: Dr. Jozeph Labno - 8th Jun 2011 6:32pm
Hi Dr.Dickies was indeed in Conway St.I think the side entrance was in York Street.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral