Forums
Posted By: cathcart the garrick snug - 28th Jul 2010 7:11pm
anyone got any stories of the garrick. my nan and granddad used to pop in on a saturday in the mid 50s. i used to love going in with them after shopping.
Posted By: Longnails Re: the garrick snug - 28th Jul 2010 7:24pm
My Grandfather used to drink in that pub. Dad said they lived in a large house on Borough Road (all demolished now) and his Dad would call in there for a pint with friends as it was only across the road. It must have been early 1900's.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: the garrick snug - 29th Jul 2010 10:38am
Love nipping in there for a pint myself when I am over there, looking forward to getting a bit more regular. Surprising who you meet in there sometime, people from way back. My brother was of great assistance to a bloke who had an epileptic fit when we were in there last year, or was it the year before? Anyway, good job we were in because no one else seemed to know what to do and it wasn't crowded anyway. Oh, and it is a good pint.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: the garrick snug - 29th Jul 2010 11:35am
Bizarre, but I walk past there nearly every day and I have never been in. I will have to make the effort.
Posted By: diesel Re: the garrick snug - 11th Aug 2010 1:41pm
Used to work in the co op next door in the seventies and we used to go in sometimes after work, always a great atmosphere but christmas was always the best loads of people and decorations great.
Did you know the co op was actualy buit around the pub? must have been because of its age.
Also you had to take great care coming out of the toilets, the dart board was very near the door!.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral