Forums
Posted By: kamikazi Mount Road Images - 26th Jul 2010 8:51pm
Hello, I'm new here. I grew up in New Brighton in the late 60's, after a long overdue absence I am poised to move back to Wallasey. I was interested if anyone had any images of Mount Road from years gone by? Really interesting and useful site by the way.
K
Posted By: Wheels Re: Mount Road Images - 26th Jul 2010 8:56pm
Welcome KamiKazi smile

im sure someone will be able to help you soon smile
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Mount Road Images - 26th Jul 2010 9:07pm
Thanks Wheels, I only returned to see New Brighton and Wallasey two years ago after a thirty year absence, apart from wondering where the shops were on Victoria Road and what happened to them big baths, am really looking forward to moving back.
K
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Mount Road Images - 26th Jul 2010 10:27pm
Good luck and welcome to the machine.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Mount Road Images - 9th Nov 2010 9:12pm
Well after a longer wait than imagined I have now become a bona-fide resident of the leisure peninsula,would still like to find some old images of the properties on Mount Road Wallasey, if anyone has any ideas on where to start looking I would really appreciate any pointers.

K
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mount Road Images - 9th Nov 2010 9:17pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Mount Road Images - 9th Nov 2010 9:23pm
Yikes that was quick, Cheers. K
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Mount Road Images - 9th Nov 2010 9:24pm
A big Wirral welcome to you. Hope you will be very happy. X
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mount Road Images - 9th Nov 2010 9:25pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: kamikazi Re: Mount Road Images - 9th Nov 2010 9:41pm
Fantastic images, having become the caretaker of a Victorian town house on Mount Road, I am keen to understand some of the history of the area, Wallasey is a great area to move to, I have to say that this forum has given me a much clearer understanding of the area that isn't available elsewhere. So thanks for the info and thanks for a cracking site. K
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mount Road Images - 9th Nov 2010 10:07pm
If you get the time then pop into Earlston Reference Library - I am sure they can point you in the right direction for information...
Posted By: Tatey Re: Mount Road Images - 10th Nov 2010 8:01am
Another venue that is a mine of local information (some of it trivial) is the Telegraph Inn on Mount Pleasant Rd.
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Mount Road Images - 10th Nov 2010 6:51pm
Thank you for the tips, will definitely pop into both. Loving the liberator 31 site by the way.K
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Mount Road Images - 10th Nov 2010 7:14pm
Originally Posted by Tatey
Another venue that is a mine of local information (some of it trivial) is the Telegraph Inn on Mount Pleasant Rd.

I believe Albert at the bar can tell you stories of the Vikings in Wallasey !!
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Mount Road Images - 10th Nov 2010 7:36pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by Tatey

I believe Albert at the bar can tell you stories of the Vikings in Wallasey !!

I'll drink to that

K
Posted By: Tatey Re: Mount Road Images - 11th Nov 2010 9:28am
Albert was with the Vikings in Wallasey!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral