Forums
Posted By: Robert Cadburys Fields Moreton - 29th Jun 2010 10:55am
Does anyone remember or know about the house or house that used to be on the fields between Moreton and Leasowe next to the factory>

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 29th Jun 2010 11:33am
When Cadbury's was built in 1954 (officially opening on 17 September 1954) the Council condemned and removed all the insanitary houses that were situated on the field.

Looking down Pasture Road from the railway bridge towards Leasowe Shore. The houses were removed on the right. Cadbury's entrance was to the right at the bottom of the slope.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tatey Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 29th Jun 2010 1:47pm
"Insanitary" Paul? That was plain crazy!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 29th Jun 2010 2:28pm
I was thinking of this place whislt I was typing that out!!

I, of course, meant 'unsanitary'
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 29th Jun 2010 6:12pm
just as a side note,if you took a black and white photo today from the exact same veiw point,the new picture would not be that much different,you wont see much of the factory because it would be hard over to the right of the picture,so take cadburys lodge out and the trees by the bus and the two house at the very bottom of the slope and it wont look a whole different,apart from the industrial estate i work in.as well as the texaco sign stuck behind the cottags....if i see old man biddle this week i will ask him about the houses,he probably knows who lived there.
Posted By: Robert Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 30th Jun 2010 7:43am
I remember seeing a house when I was a boy in the 80s it looked like a holiday home or something.
Posted By: peodude Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 30th Jun 2010 10:04am
Current Day View - Street View
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 30th Jun 2010 11:16am
not sure where you are talking about
There is/was a bungalow just past Cadburys that used to be kennels where you could leave your dog if you were going away on holiday.
Can remember before becoming the little industrial estate opposite Cadburys there were a load of prefab houses on it
Posted By: Robert Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 1st Jul 2010 11:05am
It was on the fields next to the cadburys factory oppposite the Birket and next to Ditton Lane
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 1st Jul 2010 11:56am
I dont know if this is the place you are talking about but there is a shadow on the grass outside Cadburys where there could of been a building??

Click on!! Cadburys
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 1st Jul 2010 12:38pm
that part used to be the football pitch for the 1st team when I played for them 60s/70s, (nearer to the buildings used as cricket pitch in summer) There were other pitches on the Leasowe side of Cadburys for the 2nd and 3rd teams
Posted By: Robert Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 2nd Jul 2010 6:55am
It ws in this area

This area
Posted By: starakita Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 2nd Jul 2010 8:48am
the kennels were there in the80's. I had a border collie and I put him in there in 87 when we went on holiday.
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 2nd Jul 2010 4:39pm
the kennels are still there,called kirkland kennels.
Posted By: Tilly Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 2nd Jul 2010 7:22pm
Originally Posted by phalinmegob
the kennels are still there,called kirkland kennels.

yes
http://www.clickboardingkennels.co.uk/classified-boarding-kennel129352.asp
Posted By: BigG59 Re: Cadburys Fields Moreton - 27th Aug 2010 9:38pm
I can remember the prefabricated houses which where situated beyond the garage. My first kiss was outside one of these houses.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral