Forums
Posted By: Christine12 Woodslee Primary - 23rd Jun 2010 10:49pm
Does anyone remember the old toilet blocks that used to be in the middle of the now-infant playground? They were definitely still there in 1989 ish when I started primary school but not being used, I seem to remember they were brick buildings with blue paintwork and cubicles, some still with toilets in and full of spiders. The most unbelievable things is we used to play around them at playtime, they weren't shut off or anything! No one ever stopped us!!
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Woodslee Primary - 24th Jun 2010 1:40pm
Woodslee! now that brings back memories! i went to Beb Sec school New Chester Rd, but we used to go to Woodslee once a week for cookery lessons,why we were sent there i don't know!!that was back in the 60s---- before your time!!
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Woodslee Primary - 25th Jun 2010 8:46pm
yep remember them well, the ones next to the boiler and bins round the back, there was a blue store where we collected paper and bottle tops.

Mr beel was the head as i delivered a morning paper to him.

The big conker tree in the corner, wacking the ball into the pond and sports day !!

Oh the mona lisa pic !!!
Posted By: Christine12 Re: Woodslee Primary - 29th Jun 2010 6:51pm
I hope the big conker tree is still there! When I was at school there, they only had a temporary block of toilets outside the infant building, partly on the field I think, by the back of the nursery building. You had to go out on your own and that was before school's were secure...it just wouldn't happpen now.

Everytime someone flushed a toilet, a pipe used to move around underneath the temp block (it was like a caraven) and I remember everyone said it was a ghost. I bet that led to some serious accidents!

I can't remember these old brick building toilets being knocked down but I assume it was 1990 ish because we got the playground activities painted on after that.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral