Forums
Posted By: Rhoobarb Bit of an obscure one... - 27th Apr 2010 1:50pm
.... and i'm probably onto a hiding to nothing, but.

I don't suppose anyone remembers or even has photo's of the house(s) that used to be at the top of Derwent Road in Higher Bebington opposite the cut through to the common. There were a few new builds put up in the early 80's on the site. The majority of the houese up there were put up as part of the estate but the one's I mean were put up years later.

Also the property that was on the land that now houses Heathdale Manor at the bottom of Heath Road.

Thanks
Posted By: bri445 Re: Bit of an obscure one... - 27th Apr 2010 8:23pm
Here's a view of the cottages at the bottom of Heath Road. They show on the 1850s tithe map. Further up Heath Road were 1920-30s detached houses, one of which was the doctor's. I can remember waiting for hours to get seen! There was a shop on the corner, Beeston's greengrocers and round the corner into the Village were more cottages, as far as what is now Kirk's. Their building is equally old and was a garage and petrol into Acres Road, the same layout as now.

Attached picture village.jpg
Posted By: Rhoobarb Re: Bit of an obscure one... - 29th Apr 2010 4:03pm
Great phoo, thanks for posting it.

Hmm it might possibly have been a 20's/30's house. But I seem to remember going through a hedge to get to it. It was set a bit further back off Heath Road than they look in your photo as well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral