Forums
Posted By: davros Barnston Lane Primary - 26th Mar 2010 6:00am
Anyone know what happened to Barnston Lane Primary in Moreton?

I heard it was burnt down a couple of times.

I remember the Head Master Mr Franklin - I think that was him/ Used to love giveing me the cane - I assume I deserved it?
Anyone else used to go there? I was there from 1958 up until 1964 when we moved to AUS.
Teachers I remember are Miss page and Mr Eccles.
Posted By: Doctor_Frick Re: Barnston Lane Primary - 3rd Apr 2010 4:45pm
Do u mean the old scout hut on the corner ?
Posted By: davros Re: Barnston Lane Primary - 6th Apr 2010 12:37am
Not sure about that. It was sort of the corner of Barnston Lane and Maryland Lane
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Barnston Lane Primary - 6th Apr 2010 1:03am
I heard it burnt down too!

You maybe interested in :

Friends United - Barnston Lane Primary

Posted By: localgirl Re: Barnston Lane Primary - 3rd Mar 2012 11:47pm
Yes it did burn down and a community centre stands on the site. The 'scout huts', two huts on the corner of Barnston Lane, originally next to Barnston Lane School, were used as dinner huts in the 1950-1960's and possibly earlier. The Moreton Church of England school on Hoylake Road, used to walk their pupils everyday from the school to Barnston Lane dinner huts. I was one of them.
Posted By: Robert Re: Barnston Lane Primary - 22nd Jun 2012 10:28pm
I used too live near the school back in the 80s. I remember when I attended nursery at Eastway the school was still going.

When the school did clost it became one of Thatchers famous YTS training centeres part of an organisation called Served Wirral.

There was a hatch which used too lead under too some basements or a crawl space underneath the buildings and the rumour was that it led too Lingham Primary School which of course was never true.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral