Forums
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL what was this place? - 18th Jan 2010 10:13pm
walked pass this place and wounded what it was? just off Cavendish st

Attached picture 23.JPG
Attached picture 25.JPG
Attached picture 24.JPG
Posted By: kimpri Re: what was this place? - 18th Jan 2010 11:55pm
called Stanford containers? Had 45 gallon drums stacked in yard I think they rented 45 gallon drums out smile
Posted By: Worzel Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 1:42am
Possibly, but before that perhaps, it was a carpet warehouse that had a large fire which destroyed most of the building around 1991/92
Posted By: kimpri Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 2:04am
Originally Posted by panther
Possibly, but before that perhaps, it was a carpet warehouse that had a large fire which destroyed most of the building around 1991/92
ye your right, not sure what year tho happy smile
Posted By: cathie Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 9:09am
this place was in the news a year or two ago as someone had nicked one of the gates at the entrance, which were quite valuable.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 7:11pm
Originally Posted by cathie
this place was in the news a year or two ago as someone had nicked one of the gates at the entrance, which were quite valuable.
Hmmmm was it? think
Posted By: cathie Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 10:11pm
Either Wirral globe or Wirral news..think it was last year but the old grey matter isn't what it should be so it could've been 2008!!!!!
Posted By: jimbob Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 10:13pm
You will notice that the building was split into 2 parts, and the carpet warehouse section that went on fire was in the end nearest to town, I think Stanford containers had the section neares to Cavendish Street. The fire was arround 91/92. I drove past when it was actualy on fire {yes I thought to myself an insurance job?} I left the area in 93 and it was before then
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 10:16pm
i explored this back in 2009. it's nothing more than a shell and even then it creaks every now and then as if the roofs gonna give way any moment.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 10:19pm
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
Originally Posted by cathie
Hmmmm was it? think
PMSL!!!
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 10:22pm
seriously those gates were worth something? they always looked like something you could get for 30 quid a pop.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 10:22pm
Originally Posted by Shadow_Omega
i explored this back in 2009. it's nothing more than a shell and even then it creaks every now and then as if the roofs gonna give way any moment.

omg
Posted By: DavidB Re: what was this place? - 19th Jan 2010 11:31pm
I noticed there's a massive hole in the wall, like something just punched a big hole through it, superman style.
Posted By: mark1970 Re: what was this place? - 8th Feb 2010 3:48am
The land and building belong to a John Kearn who owns Apex sliding door gear on Corpy Rd. And yes, his gate was stolen!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral