Forums
Posted By: jedimindtricks queens theatre poulton - 21st Sep 2009 3:09pm
Does anyone remember or have information on the old Queens theatre poulton road poulton. It was where Kwik Save was built. Could have been 50's / 60's it was there. As a relative Evelyn "Queenie" Ball .of mine use to run boarding house for the actors and actress's there.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: queens theatre poulton - 21st Sep 2009 5:36pm
Im not sure if this will be readable but I will try it anyway.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Scanned in from 'The silver screens of Wirral' book by P.A Carson and C.R Garner.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: queens theatre poulton - 21st Sep 2009 5:40pm
I have just read the blurb about this place and it says it was a purpose built cinema so this might not be the one you want. Sorry if its not.
Posted By: jedimindtricks Re: queens theatre poulton - 21st Sep 2009 6:58pm
Yes that's it, it got turned into a picture house. But was orinally a theatre
Posted By: torryman Re: queens theatre poulton - 10th Jul 2011 10:00am
When this place was a garage (60's) the old stage area was rented out as a youth club....I attended it as a 14 year old and it was great for us kids ..but it was a political movement of some sort(didn't understand at the time) they had us kids selling a dubious political magazine in the streets opposite to raise funds for the club...I remember portraits of Ian Smith and Barry Goldwater in the office, they didn't brainwash the kids but there was obviously something strange going on....I vaguely remember newspaper reports about the guys running it, who promptly left the area!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: queens theatre poulton - 10th Jul 2011 10:41am
What a shame we don't have nice theaters like that anymore.

Everythings built to cost these days too, nothing like these grand old buildings, bring em back.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral