Forums
Posted By: MerseyMan What ever happened to..,. - 31st Jul 2009 9:21am
The old double decker bus that used to be parked in the little road off Stanley road in the north end, the road is not there anymore just part of the playing field now. I remember the bus picking the year above me up from Vyner primary to take them to the 86 Liverpool garden fesitval. Anybody have photos,my parents do have one photo of the bus in the background when it was picking up from school.
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: What ever happened to..,. - 31st Jul 2009 9:25am
or was it the 84 garden festival? smile
Posted By: chriskay Re: What ever happened to..,. - 31st Jul 2009 2:56pm
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: What ever happened to..,. - 1st Aug 2009 11:09am
Someone must know what happened to the bus...probably scrapped, I'm not mad y'know I do remember it smile
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: What ever happened to..,. - 1st Aug 2009 11:10am
Lol,I can`t remember it bud.What exactly was the bus for?
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: What ever happened to..,. - 1st Aug 2009 11:18am
Even when I was a kid in the 80's the bus was dated, I actually was bought a replica of the bus on sale in a shop in Laird street where I got my first bike from - shalcross or something similar, the model bus even had the 84 garden festival sign on each side. Think the bus had one of those funny fronts with the cab level to the engine, the bonet was to the side of where the driver sat. The only time I saw the bus in use was to take kids to the garden festival, it was always parked up in that little cutting roda on stanley road...can't be the only one to remember haha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral