Forums
Posted By: thegreenqueen CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 1:11pm
HI IM NEW TO THIS SITE SO NOT SURE IF IM POSTING ON THE CORRECT FORUM BUT HERE GOES. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ABOUT IN BIRKENHEAD CHAPEL PLACE WAS? ID LOVE TO KNOW IF ANY PHOTOS EXIST OF THIS ROAD AND ALSO MYRTLE PLACE AND BK MYRTLE PLACE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Posted By: chriskay Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 1:50pm
Hi, & welcome. Any idea what area of Birkenhead?
Correct forum IMO.
You seem to have your caps lock on!!

Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 2:14pm
There was a Chapel Street running parallel and in between Hamilton Lane and Lord Street. If you had your back to the job centre you'd be looking down it... I don't know if there's any connection though...
Posted By: thegreenqueen Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 5:45pm
I've had a look at the next road in the census after Chapel place and its Oliver street, which runs alongside Claughton road. Theres a car park there now so im guessing the road could have been around that area.I would love to see it on a map though to confirm.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 6:26pm
Here we go - just by Oliver Street - thanks for the clue.

Description: Chapel Place, Birkenhead 1875c
Attached picture MapBirkenheadChappelPlace1875.jpg
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 7:00pm
And Myrtle Place, not far from Livingstone St Baths

(if you want Myrtle Street instead, a bit of that is now called Brill Street, by Brassey Street)

Attached picture MapBirkenheadMyrtlePlace1936.jpg
Posted By: thegreenqueen Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 8:34pm
Wow thats super. Thanks so much for your help!
Posted By: Archaeo Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 8:46pm
I knew a family who lived there called Parker....they were really strange.
Posted By: thegreenqueen Re: CHAPEL PLACE/MYRTLE STREET BIRKENHEAD - 22nd Jun 2009 10:29pm
Runs in the family then ....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral