Forums
I was delivering on Dunstan lane today and passed this.....
just wondering what it is and how it got there? I know you folks will have the answer. happy

Attached picture SP_A0225.jpg
Attached picture SP_A0234.jpg
Attached picture SP_A0228.jpg
Attached picture SP_A0230.jpg
Attached picture SP_A0233.jpg
Attached picture SP_A0229.jpg
Posted By: Mark Re: Just wondering if anybody knows what this is? - 26th Mar 2009 7:35pm
Very Interesting, ive no idea at all ??
Is it water treatment or something? Just lookin on google maps bird eye view. Interesting find!!
wow a tunnel lol

wheres that pm me with a map plz lol
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Just wondering if anybody knows what this is? - 26th Mar 2009 8:16pm
used to be a water tank then they opened up one side nocked the f..k out of it to get in from one side and put up a roller shutter.
Its now a nuclear fuel store and deep level tunnel to monks ferry.

It also grows mushrooms.
wow lets go go
Burton reservoir is covered in gorse bushes and is on Dunstan Lane (by Burton Mushrooms doh ) , there is a trig point hidden in the gorse bushes on top of the reservoir as well.

Beat me 2 it
camera inside smile
What a brilliant use for an old reservoir - a mushroom farm. Pity they didn't do that with Neston Reservoir as well instead of flattening it fot houses.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Just wondering if anybody knows what this is? - 26th Mar 2009 8:31pm
We're like Mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed a load of shite.
A mushroom farm???? that's a mad one, but I suppose they gotta grow somewhere.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Just wondering if anybody knows what this is? - 26th Mar 2009 10:50pm
Originally Posted by bert1
We're like Mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed a load of shite.

and because Im a Funghi (fun guy)
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Just wondering if anybody knows what this is? - 26th Mar 2009 11:07pm
That looks like something out of a film.. Batman and Robin omg tease lol
wow interesting wink
There are places like this, a bit bigger though. In the event of a nuclear holocaust they were to be used by local government people and the great and the good, to run the country. They are situated all over the country and some are now being sold off because they are outdated. Inside were dorms, comms centres, kitchens, rec rooms, the whole shebang. I did a comms exercise in one in the 1960's, not on the Wirral I might add. They were billed as Ministry of Works Depots for local consumption.
We had a mushroom farm in the old railway tunnel between Whitwell and St Lawrence. Fabulous place for them, all dank and dark when the ends were closed off. It was a bit spooky too, with just a few dim bulbs in the roof. He sold a few different kinds to make it more interesting, and very cheap by the basket, but it closed some years ago.

Bri
Isle of Wight
© Wirral-Wikiwirral