Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 12:34pm
With two matches to go and bottom of the league, it would take an extreme amount of luck for Tranmere Rovers not to be relegated out of the football league.

Micky Adams has now left and caretaker managers put in place.

Where does this leave the Ingleborough Playing fields fiasco and the new football academy? Tranmere will suffer a sudden large drop in income if the are relagated
Posted By: Santos Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 3:00pm
Prenton Park would make a lovely site for a Supermarket or new housing which would make the local residents very happy. No more crowds or traffic disruption to worry about - bring it on.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 6:54pm
Nooooooooo! TRFC still has a loyal following. Can't just wipe out History- surely? frown
Posted By: j_demo Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 7:06pm
Originally Posted by Santos
Prenton Park would make a lovely site for a Supermarket or new housing which would make the local residents very happy. No more crowds or traffic disruption to worry about - bring it on.

i second this, never actually been a fan of TRFC, i've been to Prenton Park a couple of times for pre-season friendlies v LFC and always found it a bit of a mess.

i also used to go to school with someone who was a loyal TRFC fan and he useg to go to all the away games "just to kick off and have fights with rival fans because it's fun isn't it" which also put me off supporting the club.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 7:35pm
Tranmere have been part of the Wirral for nearly a hundred year and In the football league since the twentys .take away prenton park and you take away the community .if you don't like the crowds and the noise why move so close to the club .l am not having a go at other people's opinions and I also went to school with some of the Tranmere bad boys but they where a small minority of the supporters.the people who have had rovers over the years only wanted the money in there pockets and have let the ground go to pot ,the toilets in the kop end are digusting but the passion of the supporters from young boys to old men and even the lady's is so strong .to me it would be a very sad day if prenton park closes its gates for the last time
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 7:46pm
I have to agree with Rude, I'm not a football fan but have a soft spot for tranmere. Been to a few matches when my son was small and was there to welcome the coach when in their heyday they had won the DAFcup( I think that was it). TRFC has just always been there and I hate to see anything like that go. Hope they continue!
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 7:48pm
Yeah fully agree Lansyp.....
Posted By: casper Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 8:10pm
They wiped history at Ingleborough did they not? Their fortunes seemed to have waned since, justice?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 8:54pm
Could go down to the final game--macabrely I might actually go and watch it if it does. The programme might be the last in the League for years to come. Would be sad day for the town.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 9:25pm
My son & his friends go to the home games & some away ones,I've been to the odd few when I can.there are a lot of teenage supporters when I've been but with Tranmere it's affordable & there's no problem of a sellout either like trying to get a ticket for Liverpool& the cost of them.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 19th Apr 2015 10:59pm
Originally Posted by casper
They wiped history at Ingleborough did they not? Their fortunes seemed to have waned since, justice?

That may well backfire now, the new facilities and training gorund at Leasowe (was initially going to be Woodchurch) was a pre-requisite for the development of Ingleborough - unless the Council changed their minds.

Supposedly the money gained from Ingleborough was going to be locked into the Leasowe development but if Tranmere hit financial difficulties (as they no doubt will if they are relegated) it will be interesting to see if if the financial plan and limitations stay in place.

I feel sorry for Micky Adams, a lot of luck has gone against him, but the buck has to stop somewhere and he is paid on performance.

There is no need for Tranmere Rovers to disappear but they need to prove themselves again to get back into league football, diving down two divisions in two seasons is not league level football.

On a more optimistic note, miracles have happened before at the end of season and Tranmere may avoid relegation.
Posted By: casper Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 20th Apr 2015 7:33am
Yes shame about Mickey Adams,I think the players should take their share of the blame,still there is a chance relegation may be avoided.

Posted By: chriskay Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 20th Apr 2015 12:28pm
I'm in favour of anything which will prevent building on the Ingleborough Rd. field. I was put off football for life by being taken to watch Rovers by my dad back in the 1940's: cold, wet and generally unpleasant. The ground would be worth a fortune for housing development. I was brought up within 100 yards of Prenton Park.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 20th Apr 2015 1:21pm
Same here, love Tranmere but would rather they got relegated if it meant saving Ingleborough fields.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 20th Apr 2015 1:50pm
Ive never understood how the fields have been allowed to change hands when they were left as a 'lasting' memorial to those who lost their lives, or have i got that wrong?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 20th Apr 2015 2:36pm
Originally Posted by GeeMeister
Ive never understood how the fields have been allowed to change hands when they were left as a 'lasting' memorial to those who lost their lives, or have i got that wrong?

No, I don't think you've got it wrong; I've no doubt some devious legal eagles were involved.
Posted By: lansyp Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 20th Apr 2015 2:39pm
The fields will just line the pockets of the owners who as I see it don't really give a dam .the club must survive, it is a Wirral heritage and should be treated as such
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 21st Apr 2015 3:17pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Originally Posted by GeeMeister

No, I don't think you've got it wrong; I've no doubt some devious legal eagles were involved.

or men with funny handshakes
Posted By: casper Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 21st Apr 2015 3:37pm
Originally Posted by lansyp
The fields will just line the pockets of the owners who as I see it don't really give a dam .the club must survive, it is a Wirral heritage and should be treated as such

Are the lads that gave their young lives part of Wirral heritage? do they not deserve to be treated as such, six lads believed to be from Liverpool just been dug up in Ypres. buried with full military honours in Belgium, seems the Belgians think more of our lads sacrifice than some of us do.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 21st Apr 2015 4:48pm
Thanks for that Casper, my sentiments exactly. In Ypers, at the Menin Gate, there is a nightly ceremony of remembrance to the fallen and it is a credit to the Belgian authorities. There are in excess of 50,000 names also inscribed on the memorial, which are said to be those who were not found and therefore could not be given a proper burial. We can't even look after a field.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 25th Apr 2015 6:03pm
Oh well--they never managed to get it to the last game. Might still go and watch the last game out of respect! Perhaps the fans could all go dressed in black or wear black armbands (as long as they don't black up there faces !!)
Posted By: Santos Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 25th Apr 2015 6:13pm
I wonder which Supermarket will be being built then, I rather favor Aldi.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 25th Apr 2015 6:14pm
My son decided not to go to the game although my nephew & some of his mates did.My nephew has got the Tranmere drum could hear him or one of the others banging it,was listening on the radio,still a few old rivalries with wrexham & Chester.I can imagine a few punch ups with there supporters.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 9:01am
Justice For The 88
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 9:17am
So sad for tranmere but I hope they get it together and rise like the Phoenix from the ashes next season...feeling very poetical, it's Sunday after all hehe x
Posted By: Santos Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 9:20am
88 who ? - Tranmere Rovers will never get it together unless someone starts spending some money on decent players. You cannot run a football club on a shoestring, you either spend money on it or you disband it altogether, otherwise its torture for the fans and totally unfair and disloyal to them.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 1:44pm
If we accept that Wikiwirral is an accurate representation of the people of Wirral,and given the relatively muted reaction to Tranmere Rover's latest relegation, I think it's safe to assume what I've thought all along,most people in this wonderful peninsula of ours couldn't care less what happens to Tranmere Rovers now or in the future.I'm just glad that WBC are not sponsoring them with our hard earned any longer.I'm looking forward to a new supermarket on the site,or anything that will be of more use than a second rate football club supported by a tiny minority of the people of Wirral.
Posted By: Santos Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 5:29pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
If we accept that Wikiwirral is an accurate representation of the people of Wirral,and given the relatively muted reaction to Tranmere Rover's latest relegation, I think it's safe to assume what I've thought all along,most people in this wonderful peninsula of ours couldn't care less what happens to Tranmere Rovers now or in the future.I'm just glad that WBC are not sponsoring them with our hard earned any longer.I'm looking forward to a new supermarket on the site,or anything that will be of more use than a second rate football club supported by a tiny minority of the people of Wirral.

I agree completely.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 5:51pm
when I've been to Tranmere games there are a lot of young people,teenagers like my son but there is a general mix & 550 went to Plymouth 6 Tranmere coaches went plus people who made there own way.For people on Wirral Tranmere is one of the first tastes of football young people get.
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 6:45pm
I fully agree with you Starakita, the prices Liverpool and Everton charge how can young kids afford them . Tranmere is great family orientated and is very well supported. I wish them luck and get those scouts out , look in the Sunday leagues some great young lads who play with pride and passion for their club , not like these prima donnas who money is everything and some of them should be gymnasts the way they perform trying to get penalties etc.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 7:32pm
It costs me £6 as he's 16 it varies on the away games he goes to,Liverpool tickets aren't cheap & they are hard to get hold of,think Everton might be cheaper but they are easier to get hold of.I'm hoping they get things sorted but Mark Palios has the clubs interest at heart & I hope we don't spend too long in the confrence league,seems to be harder to get out of.Lets hope they get the right manager & players who want to play.
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 8:40pm
Tranmere Fans post on their own forums not on this site. As a season ticket holder ludwigvan ,can I just say 'go boil your head'.Thank you.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 26th Apr 2015 8:51pm
Originally Posted by starakita
For people on Wirral Tranmere is one of the first tastes of football young people get.

And for some of us, the last. wink
Posted By: casper Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 27th Apr 2015 7:24am
The contempt they showed over Ingleborough will remain a stain on Wirral, it remains a mystery how they are allowed to pick and choose which part of Wirral they wish to purchase, if they cant respect the dead and what they stood for, then why should the living show any respect or support for them?
Posted By: casper Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 29th Apr 2015 10:40am
Just read the Globe, Phil Davies on behalf of the super councils is pledging to give whatever support he can to Tranmere Rovers, "we don't have a pot of money" wow Phil you really are on top of your job! curtailed library hours, food banks, job losses, home closures, and he is concerned about a football club, perhaps you can give them Leasowe playing fields, they must be really struggling after the 5 million deal for a war Memorial, unbelievable, this is exactly the type of thing that turns people away from Labour, the wrong priorities.
Posted By: Santos Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 29th Apr 2015 4:16pm
Originally Posted by inflatablebone
Tranmere Fans post on their own forums not on this site. As a season ticket holder ludwigvan ,can I just say 'go boil your head'.Thank you.

Just think Inflatablebone what fun you could have pushing a shopping trolly around the new supermarket and trying to guess where abouts in the late Prenton park you where, On the pitch by the bacon counter or in the dressing rooms by the frozen chips.Far better than watching a bunch of no marks kicking a bag of wind about.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 29th Apr 2015 8:01pm
88 who ? -.

88 local boys killed in the war who were honoured at the Memorial Ground Ingleborough Rd.
Posted By: Santos Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 30th Apr 2015 5:43pm
Thank you.
Posted By: Reremnart Re: Tranmere - 2nd relegation? - 18th Oct 2015 9:28pm

What exactly is your problem Santos? I reckon you are one of those sad Evertonians who is still smarting from the 3-0 hammering we gave you at Jurassic Park in 2001. Anyway whatever your problem is TRFC are still here, aliving and kicking and quite possibly back into the league where we belong next season. Sorry about that !!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral