Forums
Posted By: Sneezy He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 9th May 2013 2:44pm
Davey Davey Moyes !!
You joined this football club while it was in a state. Your leaving behind foundations which could make us great. #ThankYouDavidMoyes #EFC
Guttered he's going nono
Posted By: Cassidy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 9th May 2013 3:55pm
Totally agree. He did amazing for us. Took over us when we were a regular relegation battling team and gave us pride back. No more but excellent low cost signings. Love him, gutted, but wish him well
Posted By: Sneezy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 9th May 2013 4:32pm
withthat
Posted By: Touchstone Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 9th May 2013 5:03pm
The big question now is who's next? Michael Laudrup would be interesting. Please God not Big Sam, Martinez or Hughes.

Good luck to David Moyes. You certainly put a bit of pride back into the team. Also, Kenwright must be a bit worried. It was only really Moyes that kept the focus off his bungling of the club's financial affairs.
Posted By: stanb Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 9th May 2013 6:12pm
The spanish waiter will be free at the end of season,O neill is still unemployed.

Posted By: organiser Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 9th May 2013 9:08pm
Have I got this right...we are talking about the current manager of Everton Football Club aren't we...I am getting confused with all the "thank-yous" I am hearing
I have supported the club for many decades and I am having great difficulty in remembering such a lengthy period of failure to win a trophy of any kind
On a salary of £4million a year I believe he has been a total failure
Posted By: Salmon Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 6:16am
Mr. Moyes took us from a relegation fighting team to one which now finishes in the top 6/7 each season. Sure, no trophies which is a shame but then again it is pretty much the same 3/4 which win stuff these days the way the money works.
Posted By: organiser Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 7:50am
Birmingham City, Portsmouth, Middlesborough, Leicester City have all won domestic trophies during his tenure
Posted By: Cassidy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 8:11am
They have all been relegated too. Pretty sure I would prefer to be a stable 6/7 PREMIERSHIP team who has had a chance at europe and a couple of trips to wembley than a yoyo club who wins the championship play off but then gets relegated 12 months later.
We are a team with no money, these people who think the grass is greener. What more do you want with limited funds. Moyes has an eye for a bargain, excellent signings, excellent team spirit
Posted By: Salmon Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 8:11am
And where do they all ply their trade now?
Stability is better than one off minor successes.
Posted By: Cassidy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 8:12am
Not to mention Portsmouth administration issues and Birmingham money laundering!
Posted By: Moonstar Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 9:36am
What has red hair got to do with anything?
Posted By: Sneezy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 10:22am
Originally Posted by Moonstar
What has red hair got to do with anything?

It's an iconic tribute song to Davey Moyes.....one of the ways we show our respect to a great manager who got us to where we are today !! clap
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 12:02pm
Still gutted
Posted By: organiser Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 12:33pm
you will be even more gutted when he takes baines with him and possibly Pienaar as well...I think Fellaini is now on his way to Chelsea and expecting flak for this but the only man we should go for to take charge is a proven euro and premier league boss who won't cost anything as he is out of contract at Stamford Bridge at the ed of the season...Guess who????????
Posted By: Wench Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 4:03pm
Originally Posted by stanb
The spanish waiter will be free at the end of season,O neill is still unemployed.

As far as I know, the fat Spanish waiter has had his contract with Go Compare extended wink

I will be gutted to see Moyes go frown Even when we spent many seasons leaving staying up until the last match of the season, I never lost my pride & love for the Blues.

I like big Sam, but not sure he's right for us. There's part of me that would like to see Mourinho to be honest raftl
Posted By: Kev30x Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 4:28pm
Just lumped on Malky Mackay at 13/2 with Betfair to be next Everton manager, easy money! wink
Posted By: organiser Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 6:06pm
Bad bet....rafa benitez at about 25/1is a good bet .....I understand he has been approached already but because of the Liverpool connection the press are too scared to reveal it...I also understand that his initial reaction was a negative one as he still has hopes of replacing Rodgers in the summer, but as that seems unlikely he might well decide to have second thoughts....if he does we should welcome him with open arms because wherever he has managed he has always done an honest job and has he right credentials to manage a club of the stature of Everton
Posted By: lau2908 Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 10th May 2013 9:23pm
theres no hope for everton anyways, s***e and always will be
Posted By: Touchstone Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 7:43am
Originally Posted by lau2908

Thank you for that considered, interesting and downright witty contribution to this thread. laugh
Posted By: McFlurry Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 7:52am

Put ya white lightening down love and step away from the keyboard.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 9:32am
Organizer Benitez is a bad bet too! The budget simply isn't big enough for him to manage as he would be a crap manager on a low budger and he know's it! Also there is no signs of a buyer for the club anytime soon so he definately won't be going.
and LOL at the press being too scared to reveal it because of the Liverpool Connection! did you make that one up or did u hear it down the pub/bookies?
Anyway ive done my homework and Malky Mackay is the guy that will taking over unless something drastic happens.
Posted By: organiser Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 11:30am
Kevin.....you are forgeting one or two things..the most important being the added revenue from the television for next season, also the amount of money Everton will receive for finishing sixth in the table. re your comments about the press...having worked as a journalist on Merseyside for over thirty five years and covered both major football clubs for radio, television and newspapers, I think I know a little bit about the workings of the press and the restraints under which local sports reporters currently operate. gone are the days when we travelled on the team coach to away games, played pool with the first team quad at Bellefield and Melwood, felt comfortable asking of the manager and first team captain whatever question we thought the supporters required an answer to...nowadays it is tow the club line as far as interviews are concerned or risk having your press pass withdrawn.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 12:13pm

Typical redshite gobshite comment !!!.... Crawl back into your hole love, if you've nothing constructive to contribute to this thread say nothing !! noonoo
Posted By: lau2908 Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 3:22pm
Lol thankfully nor do I support Liverpool, let's face it what's everton ever done, big load of fa so keep ya fat arse nose out of it pls k thnx xoxoxo
Posted By: Sneezy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 4:54pm
Oh dear silly me.....Amended to suit !!

"Typical xxxxxxxx gobshite comment !!!.... Crawl back into your hole love, if you've nothing constructive to contribute to this thread say nothing !! " shh
Posted By: lau2908 Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 8:27pm
Originally Posted by Sneezy

"Typical xxxxxxxx gobshite comment !!!.... Crawl back into your hole love, if you've nothing constructive to contribute to this thread say nothing !! " shh

Tbf I dont support anyone so I think another amendment is in order wink
Posted By: Sneezy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 8:36pm

Why ??..... You don't have to support anyone..... but can still be a gobshite !!!
As you've just proved clap
Posted By: snowshoes Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 11th May 2013 9:06pm
[quote=Sneezy]Oh dear silly me.....Amended to suit !!

Why ??..... You don't have to support anyone..... but can still be a gobshite !!!
As you've just proved clap

Be nice Mr Sneez....we only go around once.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 12th May 2013 9:24am

If you don't support anyone, then I guess you have no interest in this thread, so why post such a baiting comment?
Posted By: Sneezy Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 12th May 2013 1:15pm
withthat

Sad day today....end of an era....Goodbye Davey Moyes and Phil Neville, you've served our team well....Thank You :'(
Posted By: Wench Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 14th May 2013 10:09am
Thankfully, nor do I support Liverpool. Let's face it, what's Everton ever done? Big load of fa, so keep your fat arse nose* out of it please. Thanks.

You're obviously young and uninterested in football if you don't know about the "glory years" in the 80's.

* Dying to know what a "fat arse nose" is raftl
** Amended for my own pleasure, and that of Chris happy
Posted By: Candlyfloss Re: He's got red hair but we don't care.... - 14th May 2013 11:15am
Originally Posted by Kevinx
Organizer Benitez is a bad bet too! The budget simply isn't big enough for him to manage as he would be a crap manager on a low budger and he know's it! Also there is no signs of a buyer for the club anytime soon so he definately won't be going.
and LOL at the press being too scared to reveal it because of the Liverpool Connection! did you make that one up or did u hear it down the pub/bookies?
Anyway ive done my homework and Malky Mackay is the guy that will taking over unless something drastic happens.
Same here Kev,probally had him in the pipeline for a while.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral