Forums
Posted By: pokerchamp fabrice muamba collapse - 17th Mar 2012 7:26pm
really do hope fabrice muamba is ok,thought are with him and his family at this sad time.
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: fabrice muamba collapse - 17th Mar 2012 7:37pm
Probably the worst thing I have watched, horrific and I really hope for the best.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: fabrice muamba collapse - 17th Mar 2012 7:39pm
so so sad to see a 23 yr old who is so fit just to drop like that!!!really do hope he pulls through!!
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: fabrice muamba collapse - 17th Mar 2012 8:12pm
they just said on the news he's stable!!good news.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: fabrice muamba collapse - 17th Mar 2012 11:31pm
www.cardiomyopathy.org

More money! More research!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: fabrice muamba collapse - 18th Mar 2012 7:05am
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
they just said on the news he's stable!!good news.

Stable but critically ill in intensive care frown
Posted By: Wench Re: fabrice muamba collapse - 18th Mar 2012 9:15am
Hopefully, with all the coverage there is over this, there will be more people aware that this is much more common than people think and more will take up the offers of free CPR courses.

My friends fiance was 25 when it happened to him. He'd gone out to get a bottle of wine to go with dinner. He was extremely fit, didn't smoke, drank a glass of wine a week & had a very healthy diet. He hadn't returned an hour later so she went to see if he was back, opened the front door and there he was. He'd dropped dead on the doorstep an hour beforehand. He didn't even make it to the car.

He'd developed something called Subacute Bacterial Endocarditis following a chest infection. He didn't know anything about it - it was very quick thankfully.

Things like that and conditions such as Cardiomyopathy & Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome (sometimes called Sudden Adult Death Syndrome) are hardly known about by the general public. They rarely have symptoms and can strike fast.

I'd like to see more people learning how to perform CPR - you never know when you may need it!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral