Forums
Posted By: Anonymous TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 9:48pm
The junior season ticket holders voted on their player of the year (Ian Goodison), young player of the year (Ash Taylor) and best goal of the season (John Welsh v Gillingham). The prentation was at Prenton Park tonight. It was a good night.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 9:49pm
Us with Rover, the mascot.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 10:02pm
did you have to drag your daughter along or is she a footie fan
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 10:07pm
That's my son's girlfriend, Derek.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 10:09pm
Even he admits he's batting above his average.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 11:00pm
Is that the next Steven Gerrard aka the same John Welsh who used to play for Liverpool??? Looks like him.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 11:08pm
It is indeed, how the mighty have fallen. He's doing well for us though!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 11:17pm
Haha I never even realised he played for Rovers now... I should imagine he would be doing well for you's, he was ace when he was at Liverpool, just too many established players at the time for him to get a decent chance in the first team. Everyone was touting him as the next StevieG both within the Liverpool fanbase... you have got yourselves a fantastic player, even if he didnt manage to reach his full potential!

laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 11:24pm
I agree. He's scored some super goals for us this season. I was expecting you to [censored] him off for a moment but it's nice to hear some encouraging words about an ex-player. As you say it would need an exceptional talent to knock Stevie G or Nando out of the team.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 11:35pm
Tbh there was a small B team that was emerging at the time, with the likes of Welsh and Neil Mellor, of which every player had the potential to be as good as the players in our first team, but in a way their talents were wasted due to the fact they were never given a proper chance - one of the problems with always having to field a proven squad at all times possible I guess (remember these players were trying to breakthrough during the 2001 treble, 2005 European Cup, 2006 FA Cup years, so not exactly a golden era, but a good one at least). If these players had have been give their chance like Fowler, Owen, Carra and Gerrard to name but a few, were given their chance in the 90's, then they could have been shaping the Liverpool squad today.

As it was though, they were sadly wasted and over the years they never managed to fulfil their potential... I never ever begrudge a former loyal player a smashing future, even better if its for Rovers as I think most Liverpool (and Everton) fans would like to see you do well, so long as theres no giant killing of our own club involved haha! Its always a great atmosphere when the two clubs meet, and Welsh never did anything to upset anyone at Liverpool except waste 4 years trying to breakthrough, so best of luck to him, and Rovers (you might still avoid the drop, but if you dont, at least it will mean a real chance of silverware next season lol).

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 22nd Apr 2010 11:43pm
Thanks for the sentiments Matt. We may still avoid the drop as you say and I never thought of the silverware angle. We'll have to wait and see!
Not the devastating result it could have been for you tonight either. 4-0 back at Anfield me thinks.
See you Sunday matey.
Posted By: starakita Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 24th Apr 2010 6:15pm
ive seen tranmere players goin to the bakery on mount road shops.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: TRFC Junior Player Of The Year Presen - 28th Apr 2010 2:56pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
Even he admits he's batting above his average.

I definitely am. Also, it was a good night.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral