Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Alan Mahon returns to Tranmere Rovers - 8th Jul 2009 11:28am
Alan Mahon returns to Tranmere Rovers

TRANMERE Rovers have signed midfielder Alan Mahon on a three-year contract today.

Alan returns to Tranmere for a second spell at the Club, having begun his career at Prenton Park in 1995.

He made 144 appearances for Tranmere and was a key member of the side that reached the League Cup Final at Wembley Stadium in 2000.

He joined Sporting Lisbon in 2000 and played Champions League Football before returning to England in a £1.5 million move to Blackburn Rovers a year later.

Mahon spent three seasons at Ewood Park before joining Wigan in 2004 and then Burnley in 2006. He has made more than 350 career appearances.

Tranmere manager John Barnes said: "It's great to have Alan back as he is a very talented midfielder.

"We're fortunate to have got a player of Alan's quality to commit himself to the Club for three seasons.

"He is a former favourite of the Tranmere fans and I'm sure they'll look forward to seeing him in action again at Prenton Park.

"He will add experience to what will be a young squad next season."

Alan added: "I'm thrilled to come back to the Club that started my career.

"The new management team has impressed me and I can’t wait to get started."

Alan will be available for Tranmere’s home pre-season friendlies against Preston North End on Saturday, July 18, Liverpool XI on Friday, July 24 July and Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, August 1.

Alan Mahon and John Barnes will hold a press conference at Prenton Park this morning.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Alan Mahon returns to Tranmere Rovers - 8th Jul 2009 11:43am
I have heard rumours that John Barnes is also hoping to have the return of Dixie Dean back to the club!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Alan Mahon returns to Tranmere Rovers - 8th Jul 2009 11:49am
John King is on his way back too! How about Bonetti?

tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral