Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Everton FC latest Ste Mbia keen on Blues switch - 17th Jun 2009 4:27pm
Stephane Mbia keen on Blues switch -

CAMEROON midfielder Stephane Mbia has issued a direct come and get me plea to Everton manager David Moyes.
[Linked Image]
The 23-year-old has told Rennes that he wants to leave, and Goodison Park is his preferred destination.

“I have been aware of Everton's interest since last year when I almost joined them,” he said.

“I am keen to join them because, if what is reported is true, they have said that they want me and that they value me as a player.

“I am waiting on news. I have not heard anything yet, but for me it is time to move on in my career.

“I have already told the club (Rennes) of my desire to leave but they have the final say. They know and understand my position.”

The holding midfielder was originally targeted by David Moyes last close season, but Rennes refused to sell and the player later declared he was hoping for interest from higher profile clubs.

There has been no suggestion 12 months on that Everton are prepared to renew their interest.

The Blues did make an enquiry a week ago for Sheffield United's promising right-back Kyle Naughton.

But Everton officials deny that they have lodged a £5m bid, as reported yesterday.

The Goodison club asked about the 20-year-old a week ago, but both clubs’ valuation of the player were miles apart and Everton have not been back in touch since.

Naughton is one of the most promising talents outside the Premier League and has been linked with a move to the top flight this summer.

It now remains to be seen whether David Moyes will return and match Sheffield United’s valuation, although that seems unlikely.

Meanwhile, Louis Saha is ready to rebuff any summer moves for his signature and build on last season’s late flourish at Everton.

The Frenchman, who scored the fastest FA Cup final goal of all-time after 25 seconds, is reported to be the subject of interest from Turkish club Besiktas.

Various sources in Turkey and France suggest the Istanbul-based club are prepared to splash out around £1.7m.

But Saha declared: “I have not been contacted by any team. I want to repay David Moyes for taking a chance on me. Unless he decides he does not want me, I can’t see myself leaving.”

Saha only joined Everton from Manchester United last summer, penning a two-year contract.

He struggled with injuries last term, a problem which has plagued his career to date, but looked sharp towards the end of the campaign.

THE ECHO
© Wirral-Wikiwirral