Forums
Posted By: Anonymous John Barnes Named Tranmere Manager - 15th Jun 2009 12:53pm
John Barnes Named Tranmere Manager

Tranmere Rovers have today appointed John Barnes as their new First Team Manager with Jason McAteer as Assistant Manager.

[Linked Image]
John, 45, was capped 79 times for England, scoring 11 times. As a player he had successful spells at Liverpool, Watford and Newcastle United and he made more than 600 career appearances.

His first managerial role was at Celtic in 1999-2000 and he was appointed Jamaica manager in 2008. He guided the Reggae Boyz to victory at the Caribbean Championship last December, a win that saw them qualify for the CONCACAF (North America, Central America and Caribbean) Gold Cup. He has left his role at Jamaica to take up the position at Tranmere.

McAteer, 37, is a former Republic of Ireland international who ended his playing career with three seasons at Tranmere, the last two of which saw him combine a playing and coaching role at the Club.

TRANMERE ROVERS FC
Posted By: spinking Re: John Barnes Named Tranmere Manager - 15th Jun 2009 3:19pm
LoL league 2 here you come raftl

Tranmere wanted a big name to pull in the crowds well why didnt they just hire sombody like Ince who has a big name and can manage.

I loved barnes as a player and have met him acouple of time and played footy against him nice man but not sure if he is anygood as a manager.

Fingers crossed he dose well for Rovers
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: John Barnes Named Tranmere Manager - 15th Jun 2009 4:45pm
I know sod all about football but someone who, when given the choice between Jamaica & Tranmere, chooses Tranmere can't be that bright.
confused
Posted By: MissGuided Re: John Barnes Named Tranmere Manager - 15th Jun 2009 4:48pm
'Catch me if you can cos I'm the Tranmere man'
Not got quite the same punchy rap feel has it... think
Posted By: Wench Re: John Barnes Named Tranmere Manager - 15th Jun 2009 5:06pm
Love's got the Wirral in motion raftl
Posted By: MissGuided Re: John Barnes Named Tranmere Manager - 15th Jun 2009 5:22pm
Oh yes there'll be a motion... raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral