Forums
Posted By: MattLFC England Team To Remain Unchanged - 10th Oct 2007 2:05pm
Originally Posted by BBC Sport
England coach Brian Ashton has named an unchanged team for Saturday's World Cup semi-final against France in Paris.

After a series of injuries he finally had a full squad from which to pick for this game, but has gone for the same XV and replacements who beat Australia.

Centre Andy Farrell, who was forced out of the quarter-final team, is fit but his stand-in Mike Catt keeps his place.

Flanker Lewis Moody was the only worry with a sore shoulder but he has recovered sufficiently to play.

Hopefully Robinson and Wilko will be getting fitter now, and the team will be gelling a bit, precisely when they need it! Was great to see Robinson return against the Aussies when people were saying he probably wouldnt play again, I hope his hamstring holds out.

Lets beat the fookin French lol!! Come On England!! Show the bloody football team how its done lmao! How does our Rugby team play absolutely shit between World Cup's, then show they are one of the best teams in the world when it matters??

Starting Lineup:
- Robinson
- Sackey
- Tait
- Catt
- Lewsey
- Wilkinson
- Gomarsall
- Sheridan
- Regan
- Vickery (Captain)
- Shaw
- Kay
- Corry
- Moody
- Easter

Replacements:
- Chuter
- Stevens
- Dallaglio
- Worsley
- Richards
- Flood
- Hipkiss

BBC Sport Report
Posted By: MattLFC Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 10th Oct 2007 2:15pm
Originally Posted by RoofRack_Duckers
Who cares about the egg chasin when the footie team play saturday yipee

Hmmm remind me the last time they ever won anything, or even came close to it lol. Le tournoi in 1997 iirc. And even that was a fluke and not worth anything lol.

The football team is full of multi-millionaire, egotistical pricks who will never win anything because all most of them care about is the fame and the perks that come with it. If half of them knew how to spell the word team, never mind define it, they maybe able to play as a unit, in which case they have the players to win lol, but until they do, they will just keep up the habit of a lifetime, being failiures.

At least the rugby team are actually capable of winning something, and are still reigning world champions, not dreaming of past glories from more then 61 years ago hehe.

I suppose its only Estonia on Saturday, they may actually have a chance of winning against a small team like that lol.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 10th Oct 2007 2:20pm
Originally Posted by LTI2020
its only a game forgodsake!!...why does the entire country come to complete standstill for a bunch of posing gits who call themselves "professional atheletes" but can't run for more than 90 minutes...overpaid overrated bunch of tarts....

You talking about Rugby or football lol??

I think its nice to say "we are world champions", doesnt matter what sport its in. Although, that will never be said again with regards to football grin
Posted By: MattLFC Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 10th Oct 2007 2:24pm
Originally Posted by RoofRack_Duckers
chill yourselves out, i was havin a joke. Here was me thinkin people had a sense of humour smack

I know i know hehe, so was I lol, just wanted to make a point about the football team, they are useless, dunno why everyone follows them in the hope they will do well, cos they never will, all I see the England football team as, is numerous unnecessary bloody disruptions to the premiership season, the team should be disbanded as theres no point to it lol grin
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 10th Oct 2007 2:26pm
i get worn out just watching ppl run, that's y i'm into motorsport
Posted By: MGCraig Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 11th Oct 2007 10:47am
from my personal experience....having played rugby with my old school.....i much prefer to play rugby to football.....but i cant watch rugby on tv.......football is an easier game to understand....which makes it more appealing to the laymens and the masses....however...when it comes to world cups etc....id prefer england to do well at rugby than football.....rugby is te only actual thing we can do well in.....so full support for em....
Posted By: MattLFC Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 13th Oct 2007 4:21pm
Less then 3 hours to go now, I think ill probably be watching this, should be a good match.

Just to see us stuff the French is good enough reason to watch it lol!

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 13th Oct 2007 8:46pm
wooooooooooooooo what a game, I though France had that but man we thought through Johnny had a terrible game in the first half but the second was all his wooooooo in the world cup final again!!

France 9 - 14 England

bananadance bananadance flex party yipee aliendance lamethrower party yipee bananalove flex bananadance bananadance
Posted By: MattLFC Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 13th Oct 2007 8:54pm
Champions England will go for their second World Cup in a row after winning a gripping semi-final against France.

The champions took a second-minute lead through Josh Lewsey's try but two Lionel Beauxis penalties put France 6-5 up at the break.

A penalty apiece from Beauxis and Jonny Wilkinson maintained the gap.

Wilkinson hit the woodwork with a drop-goal with 20 minutes to go but kicked a late penalty and drop-goal to see the champions home.

The historical rivalry between the cross-channel neighbours has been echoed by a rugby rivalry that stretches back to England's 35-8 win in the initial encounter between the two sides 101 years ago.

England (5) 14
Tries: Lewsey
Pens: Wilkinson 2
Drop-goals: Wilkinson

France (6) 9
Pens: Beauxis 3

BBC Sport Report
Posted By: MattLFC Re: England Team To Remain Unchanged - 13th Oct 2007 9:03pm
Tickets for the match - £120
Hotel Room - £140.00
Flights - £109.00
Seeing England beat France in a world cup semi final in France...

PRICELESS! grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral