Forums
Posted By: MattLFC Confirmed: Torres To Sign For Liverpool - 3rd Jul 2007 8:00am
Originally Posted by BBC Sport
Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres is poised to fly into Liverpool to undergo a medical on Tuesday before completing a £26.5m switch to Anfield.

Torres, 23, could even be paraded as a Liverpool player as early as Wednesday after completing formalities.

Liverpool have agreed a club record deal with Atletico and BBC Sport understands the Spain striker will sign a six-year contract.

Quality stuff, ive waited for this day for over 3 years lol, it used to be something I never thought would happen, he is an amazing player and if Benitez has the sense not to waste his talent and mess him about etc, he WILL get goals.

The new number 9 imho!

smile

BBC Sport Report
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Confirmed: Torres To Sign For Liverpool - 4th Jul 2007 1:24am
He has passed the medical and should be officially unveiled as a Red tomorrow.

God has been praising Torres and his abilities and rekons he the difference between us being a very good team and being a great team.

If he gets Gods approval, he deffo gets mine!

YNWA!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Confirmed: Torres To Sign For Liverpool - 4th Jul 2007 11:40am
Hehe, I knew he would get the number 9 shirt... and hopefully it will stay with him for many years to come, his contract is expected to be 6 years long.

Originally Posted by LiverpoolFC.tv
Fernando Torres has spoken of his pride after being told he will be handed the number nine shirt vacated by Robbie Fowler when he completes his move from Atletico Madrid later today.

Torres, who will put pen to paper on the deal this afternoon, claimed it would be an honour to wear the number once owned by Robbie Fowler and Ian Rush.

"The fact that Liverpool are giving me the number nine jersey just goes to show the confidence they have placed in me, when considering those who have worn that shirt before me," he said.

The 23-year-old admitted he was sad to be leaving the club he supported as a boy but revealed it was an opportunity too good to turn down.

"Liverpool is one of the best, if not the best, clubs in Europe," he added.

He will be unveiled by Liverpool at 15:00 today!

smile

LiverpoolFC.tv News Report
© Wirral-Wikiwirral