Forums
Posted By: fordsteve wwe chris benoit found dead - 27th Jun 2007 5:03pm
ATLANTA, Georgia: Professional wrestler Chris Benoit was found dead on Monday along with his wife and young son at their Atlanta home, the World Wrestling Entertainment said on its website.

Law enforcement officials in Fayette County said on Monday the dead included Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their seven-year old son, Daniel.

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported that police are investigating the case as a murder-suicide. No details were released but the results of autopsies are expected on Tuesday.

"I am deeply saddened over the loss of Chris Benoit," Carl DeMarco, president of WWE Canada said. "My heartfelt thoughts and sympathy go out to his parents and family.

"My relationship with Chris has extended many years and I consider him a great friend. Chris was always first-class, warm, friendly, caring and professional. One of the best in our business."

The 40-year-old Benoit was born in Montreal Canada and moved to Calgary in the mid-1980s where he got his start in professional wrestling under the late Stu Hart. Benoit later wrestled professionally in Japan before joining the WWE in 2000.

Benoit was scheduled to appear in a pay-per-view title match Sunday, but backed out because of a "family emergency," the WWE announced on Sunday.

Benoit went by the ring name the "Canadian Crippler" and his signature moves included a flying headbutt, the triple German suplex and the "Crippler Crossface".

just been told about this not sure if any one interested in it but turns out he killed his wife and 7 year old kid what a idiot
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wwe chris benoit found dead - 27th Jun 2007 5:23pm
I remember him when I used to watch years, he was nicknamed the ravin wolverine or summit like that, was a decent performer, at the time I was watching he was really under-rated and always seemed to be heel. I heard last year sometime that he was world champion I think, gotta say it was a long time coming.

Didnt know he had killed his family though think
Posted By: fordsteve Re: wwe chris benoit found dead - 27th Jun 2007 6:28pm
i only found out b4 turns out he was ment to be on some pay per view thing at weekend and phoned up said he could not do it because of family problems then they were all found dead monday. strange one think
Posted By: Mark Re: wwe chris benoit found dead - 27th Jun 2007 9:47pm
Well he was honest to the end ?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: wwe chris benoit found dead - 27th Jun 2007 9:50pm
huh think
© Wirral-Wikiwirral