Forums
Posted By: colin86 clifton acoustic concert guitar - 6th Nov 2014 11:55am
Putting this back up due to two time wasters. I have a Clifton acoustic guitar for sale it has literally been used once or twice. Comes with case, plaques, tuner, song book, cd, even has a 3 year guarantee still with it, it's in immaculate condition. Looking for £25 o.n.o would make a good chrimbo present they go for £50± brand new

Attached picture IMG_20141020_090254.jpg
Posted By: lansyp Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 6th Nov 2014 9:34pm
hi is this steel strung or nylon
Posted By: colin86 Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 7th Nov 2014 3:55pm
It's nylon... didn't you enquire about this for a friend a few weeks back?
Posted By: lansyp Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 7th Nov 2014 5:32pm
Dont think so but I would have asked then about the strings ,though the way my memory is lately I may have done .I am really looking for steel strings any way but will ask him any way cheers
Posted By: colin86 Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 7th Nov 2014 6:06pm
No probs
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 7th Nov 2014 7:28pm
Its a cheap guitar, just buy new steel strings - simples!
Posted By: lansyp Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 7th Nov 2014 7:46pm
you cant string a guitar that has nylons with steel,you can but you wouldn't as you may distort the neck
Posted By: chriskay Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 8th Nov 2014 3:09pm
withthat
Posted By: colin86 Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 8th Nov 2014 4:59pm
Sold to eggandchips many thanks pal.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: clifton acoustic concert guitar - 8th Nov 2014 11:08pm
I appreciate the concerns relating to straining the neck but I did say it was a cheap guitar, I had a very old guitar to experiment on so I gave it a go. However, I tightened up the strings by hand, very carefully, and left the whole thing about a tone flat to reduce the stress on the body, but it seemed to work pretty well. It has a much brighter sound now and I've enjoyed playing it. For the cost of a cheap set of steel strings I think it was a worthwhile experiment, and even though I wasn't particularly attached to my old 'spare' guitar it has survived so far (maybe only because I tuned the whole thing flat to reduce the tension). It has also kept its tuning remarkably well - I've had those strings in there for a year or so now. I would not recommend doing this on an expensive or treasured guitar but on something cheap.....?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral