Forums
I bought a lot from an auction a while ago and there was a pack of photos from the 40's and 50's mixed in. I have done some research and one of the photos is an original commission from a photographer for the Mersey tunnel corporation themselves. I have the emails from the Mersey tunnel history department to back this up, they told me it is missing from a collection of 300 odd.
Also included are original photos from the docks, including originals of ships and newly built ships. There is also a book on local history, every page has a pic, most are during the war an showing the overhead railway in Liverpool, New Brighton pier ect....
I really don't know what these are worth, I am open to offers.
As rules state I need a price, lets say £50.
Hi, what`s the book called and how many photos are there?. Thanks
The book is called 'Looking Back', Liverpool and New Brighton photographed by Elsam, Mann and Cooper.
There are 14 separate photos. I've just had a look through and forgot to mention, there are a few of the original 'Stone Marine' company too. About half of the photos are 12 x 10 and then the rest are a bit smaller, these are not small pics taken with a home camera. I think if you spent the time and contacted Mersey Docks and Harbour Company (Peel Ports), Stone Marine ect.... There is some money to be made on these.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Rare Mersey tunnel construction and dock photos. - 23rd Mar 2014 11:13am
do you mean stone mangnese?
Yes, its called Stone Marine now but has been known as that previously.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Looking-B...4?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item48615ecf5e
Yes that is the book.
There are 14 extra photos plus that book.
Thanks for the link: just bought it to add to my growing collection of local stuff.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral