Forums
Posted By: delta6 Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 26th Mar 2013 8:45am
42” Panasonic Viera Plasma HD TV with offical stand, Silver, good condition. Few marks on TV and stand but nothing too bad. Manual and remote included.

The model number is TH-42PX60B.

There is a problem when turning it on. Sometimes it will switch on and stay on for 30 minutes or so before it switches itself off. Sometimes it will not switch on at all and there is a clicking sound from the on/off switch. Apparently an easy fix according to the internet but I have bought a new telly now so it may be of use to someone.

Please let me know if you would like pictures and I will email them to you.

£80 - no offers.

Collection from Moreton.

Specification
Product Type :Plasma
Diagonal size: 42 in.
Image aspect ratio: 16:9
Included accessories: Remote control; 2x AA batteries; AC mains lead; ferrite core; 2x cable clamps
Video Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels
Audio Output mode: Stereo
No. of Speakers: 2
Colour temperature control: Yes
Tuner: Integrated Freeview tuner
Dual TV Tuner: Yes
Composite connections: 1 (front)
S-Video connections:1 (front)
Scart connections:1 (rear)
RGB-Scart connections: 2 (rear)
Components: 1 (rear)
HDMI: 2 (rear)
HDCP: Yes
Sky High Definition compatible: Yes
Remote Control Type: Infrared
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 26th Mar 2013 10:30am
Can you send me some pics please and also, a link to the repair details you found online if you have it.
I'll pm my email address over now
Posted By: delta6 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 26th Mar 2013 2:23pm
will email you some pics when i get home along with the repair details.
the repair has something to do with replacing the capacitors. apparently not an expensive job but im not electrically minded and ive bought a new telly now.
thanks
Posted By: sam15 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 26th Mar 2013 7:19pm
Might be interested also can you send me some pics please.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 27th Mar 2013 8:08am
just a quick update.
switched tv on last night and it has been fine. worked all night and was still ok this morning. just my luck!
anyway as ive bought a new tv this one is still for sale at the same price.
please still be aware that the fault has still occurred.
i will now email pics over.
sam15 can i have your email address please?
thanks.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 27th Mar 2013 9:18am
Very easy repair, caps cost about £1:80 each for the quality long life ones.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 27th Mar 2013 9:35am
i know ste.
didnt know it at the time so bought a new telly!!
nevermind, bargain here for someone then cos it is a great telly.
cheers ste.
lee

Posted By: sam15 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 27th Mar 2013 6:53pm
Message sent.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 28th Mar 2013 8:55am
tv is still working!!
sam - email on its way.
Posted By: sam15 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 28th Mar 2013 3:01pm
I will take the TV. Have sent you another message.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Panasonic Viera TV and Stand - Slight Fault - 2nd Apr 2013 7:41am
hi all,
apologies for the late reply.
tv has been fine ever since i put the first post up so the mrs wants to keep it now for the dining room!
sorry to all who has contacted me.
cheers
lee
© Wirral-Wikiwirral