Forums
Posted By: TheDr FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 15th Jun 2012 9:31pm
Ive been having a look for some radios tonight and came across these (found two).

It's the card plus the dongle to put a memory card into.

There are no memory cards with these and no links to any sites telling you how to use them.

Still in blister packs so unused.

£5 each seem fair ?
Posted By: mb2496 Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 16th Jun 2012 2:20am
R4 cards (and similar) are ILLEGAL, and have been for some time. Not sure this is the place to be selling such items.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10790835
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 16th Jun 2012 9:57am
Originally Posted by mb2496
R4 cards (and similar) are ILLEGAL, and have been for some time. Not sure this is the place to be selling such items.

ILLEGAL for retailer to sell NOT private people!

Do your homework cop wink

That is a bargain price too people, grab them quick as these are very hard to get hold of now smile
Posted By: mb2496 Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 16th Jun 2012 3:24pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

That is a bargain price too people, grab them quick as these are very hard to get hold of now smile

How wrong you are... the offence is for a person selling/exposing/supplying/hiring etc. for commercial purposes. Thereofre if Person A sells something to Person B for a sum of money (let's say £5) this is commercial. (Especially if Person A happens to own a computer shop!)

And you'll find they're hard to get hold of because they are ILLEGAL. If you can't afford to buy a game, then do without. Not rocket science really is it?

Wikiwirral is surely not the place for people to be peddling illegal goods between each other? If it is, please feel free to correct me.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 16th Jun 2012 4:40pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_

How wrong you are... the offence is for a person selling/exposing/supplying/hiring etc. for commercial purposes. Thereofre if Person A sells something to Person B for a sum of money (let's say £5) this is commercial. (Especially if Person A happens to own a computer shop!)

And you'll find they're hard to get hold of because they are ILLEGAL. If you can't afford to buy a game, then do without. Not rocket science really is it?

Wikiwirral is surely not the place for people to be peddling illegal goods between each other? If it is, please feel free to correct me.

get a life , how many times have you seen similar cards being sold on here , all the time. Its not like he's selling to make money lol , £5 quid
Posted By: delta6 Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 16th Jun 2012 5:11pm
i'll take both please dr.
where are you?
cheers
Posted By: Lando Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 16th Jun 2012 5:58pm
R 4 cards can be used legally to backup games you own to one ds card
Posted By: neilmcc Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 16th Jun 2012 6:01pm
its not the card thats illegal its the software so its legal to sell the cards and up to the buyer if they wish to use the software
Posted By: ASE71 Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 17th Jun 2012 3:10pm
Originally Posted by neilmcc
its not the card thats illegal its the software so its legal to sell the cards and up to the buyer if they wish to use the software

withthat

Some people.............Lets make Blank DVD's and SD cards illegal aswell.

But i do think Nintendo have a patent on the design and fitting of their game cards, the R4 copies this design in order to fit so there may well be a copyright infringement but this alone does not make them illegal.

And they're made in China, They get away with copying everything.
Posted By: delta6 Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 19th Jun 2012 9:15am
Originally Posted by delta6
i'll take both please dr.
where are you?
cheers

im still wanting them please dr.
cheers
Posted By: TheDr Re: FOR SALE: R4 - Revolution for DS, NDSL & NDS - 20th Jun 2012 9:24am
Hi, back now, wasn't in the UK (which knocks the "illegal" bit right on the head smile. )

If you send me your address I'll drop them in tomorrow as I'm around your way later in the day.

Don't worry about any money, don't really want anything for them smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral