Forums
Posted By: LIVERPOOL1234 OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 8:46pm
i am selling a OGK FF3 bike helmet size XS i payed £340 4 at the time i droped it and has a crank at the back and side only small tho i wanted £100 4 it if any1 if intrested pm me

Attached picture IMG_0174.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0177.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0172.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0178.JPG
Posted By: Wench Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 9:05pm
I'm not being funny Joel, but that level of damage is just as dangerous as not wearing a helmet at all. It could have structural damage that will prevent it from doing its job properly in an accident.

As a biker, I'd say it's only fit for the bin - I certainly wouldn't risk my brain in that no
Posted By: LIVERPOOL1234 Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 9:19pm
there is nothink wrong with there helmet if u cared to look its all plastic damage and they cud be replaced!! you being a biker and if u have ever had a good helmet u wud no wat i mean!! an trust me m8 if u new anythink about bikes or helmets u wudnt be putting this in the bin hahaha
Posted By: Wench Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 9:21pm
Have you taken it to a Dealer to get the insides checked? I only ever have decent lids - you can't put a price on your safety where bikes are concerned. JMPO.
Posted By: LIVERPOOL1234 Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 9:33pm
i drop it out my hand about 40cm from floor like i said plastic damage the helmet hasnt got no cracks on it! an do us a favour dont comment on my post if ur not intrested in buyin it!! to many people on here has got to much time on there hands!!!
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 9:36pm
Originally Posted by JOELMC1234
i drop it out my hand about 40cm from floor like i said plastic damage the helmet hasnt got no cracks on it! an do us a favour dont comment on my post if ur not intrested in buyin it!! to many people on here has got to much time on there hands!!!

Charming !

TheMrs
Posted By: Wench Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 9:41pm

I never have too much time on my hands when it comes to the safety of fellow bikers!! If it's been checked by a Dealer and they confirmed there is no internal damage then fair enough. You say there's no cracks, but there's a dirty great hole! Unless you yourself are a Dealer and able to check the potential damage inside the helmet, then you cannot say it's safe. Again, JMPO.

If my posting replies saves someones life, then I'm happy. I'll say no more on the matter apart from good luck as you'll need it.
Posted By: LIVERPOOL1234 Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 9:51pm
am sure any1 wanting to buy it can see the crack with there own eyes without u pokin ur nose in! how r u tryin to save sum1s life by tellin people about a crack that i stated in the first post. They can obvsly see the damage as i have put pics up to show the helmet so realy ur just tryin to wreck my post!! sooo u get on ur bike an ride along to the next post and wreck that 1!!
Posted By: FaCrE Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 10:01pm
Disgusting attitude to take considering she is concerned with someones safety.

The damage to the helmet is light, as you say it is based around the plastic fairing, not the actual helmet construction itself.

HOWEVER any and EVERY drop of a helmet is to be taken seriously, as has been mentioned, the structural integrity may have been compromised. They are great helmets, I was looking at purchasing one for my bike not too long ago. Great reviews etc. However, after a 40cm drop, to cause damage like that, Id be weary.

GLWS as someone will inevitably get themselves a great helmet, but PLEASE go get it checked before selling smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 10:03pm
£340 and you get a dirty great hole from dropping it just over 1 foot from the floor???? You've been had and anybody who pays £100 for a broken crash(ed) helmet will also have been had!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 10:27pm
Maybe it should have been made clearer in the first post that the damage may only be superficial - the wording in the advert suggests the actual helmet is cracked rather than just some trim.

Can the trim be replaced? Is it not worth replacing the trim and getting the helmet checked at the same time and selling the helmet in good order?

I appreciate its cheap, but the words "crank" (crack?) and "droped" (dropped?) in an advert for a crash helmet is never good frown
Posted By: Mark Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 15th Nov 2011 10:42pm
wikiforsale

The points about saftey are all valid.
Those questions are relevant. Any one intrested can now decide forthemselves.

The questions have been answered now. So please keep on topic.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 12:04am
well done wench for keeping your calm and not being goaded into a slanging match! I for one wouldn't buy a dropped helmet, even if there was no damage.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 12:24am
Originally Posted by yewgarth
well done wench for keeping your calm and not being goaded into a slanging match! I for one wouldn't buy a dropped helmet, even if there was no damage.
withthat
Posted By: LIVERPOOL1234 Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 8:14am
like mark said keep ur comments to ur self and stick to the subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: LIVERPOOL1234 Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 8:18am
its funny they way every1 talks s*** on here!! does any1 want to come to look at the helmet and damage an say these things to my face???
Posted By: Wheels Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 8:35am
That lid is trashed mate. Not worth £10 never mInd £100! Trust me.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 8:38am
like mark said keep ur comments to ur self and stick to the subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its funny they way every1 talks s*** on here!! does any1 want to come to look at the helmet and damage an say these things to my face???

Nice contradiction [Linked Image]

I think you will find a lot of the comments where trying to help ascertain the level of the damage and help your description to sell the helmet.
Posted By: LIVERPOOL1234 Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 9:11am
like i said if any1 wants to come and look at the damage and say it to my face without tryin to wreck my post there more than welcome otherwise keep it shut!!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 9:38am
Viva La Wiki Spirit
smile

Posted By: StuyMac Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 9:47am
shh
Posted By: FaCrE Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 11:29am
Unfortunately, I believe you wont sell the helmet on here now.
We've been patient and tried to help you sell it, as has been mentioned.

But your attitude toward the whole situation will prove to be your downfall. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: OGK FF3 bike helmet - 16th Nov 2011 12:49pm
Lol There is nothing wrong with the lid itself, it's the fancy plastic bit that have fooked up witch is nothink to do with the lid, lol lids dont break that easy, just like your plastics on your bike gets smashed in your bike will still work.. If any of you have had one of them lids you would know. wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral