S reg
899cc engine
69,000 miles
Petrol
3 doors, 5 seats
Cassette player/Radio
Space saver spare tyre
Full Service in September
Taxed till end of December 2011 (£130 per year)
MOT till end of march 2012

Have owned the car for 2 and a half years. Is a great little car, low mileage, and really cheap to tax and insure (its insurance group 3)

Reason for selling - have bought new car recently as this was my first car after passing test.

Would suit new driver as the insurance will be low.

£500 ONO

e-mail - [email protected]

Attached picture Picture 206.jpg
Attached picture Picture 207.jpg
Attached picture Picture 208.jpg
Posted By: raymondo Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 11:20am
£££££??
Posted By: jamesallen Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 11:21am
Sorry, ive just edited it! £500 ono
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 11:25am
Are you hiding the reg because it's been a write off?
Posted By: jamesallen Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 11:27am
Nope, its a privacy issue. If your interested in the car its available to view smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 11:34am
Well due to your silly mistake of masking the reg up you've lost I'd say.... think 25% of potential buyers.

Another thing that REALLY angers me is people that don't put a phone number.
I'm trying to buy a car today and the idiot that's selling it got in touch with me via text and told me to email him if I was still interested. confused

I want to collect the car now! I've text, emailed blah blah, people like that need a kick up the backside.
Posted By: jamesallen Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 12:01pm
Im advertising this car on behalf of my wife - she asked for her phone number not to appear in the ad, furthermore if you just sent an e-mail to the supplied address showing interest in the car i would e-mail you back my number.

There are many reasons for not showing your reg number, there are all sorts of weirdos on the net and it costs very little to find out information on someone if you have the right details on them.

I can assure you the reg and phone number were kept out of the advert for privacy. I am not hiding anything about this car and am happy for people to get in touch to view it.
Its quite sad that in this day and age you cant be bothered to e-mail someone, if you were that eager to buy a car surely this wouldn't take 2mins out of your time.
Posted By: Clive Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 12:06pm
Try advertising it on here as well: http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list...n_price=&max_price=&ubercat=9311
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 12:39pm
Hmm think

Good luck with the sale.
Posted By: jamesallen Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 12:53pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Good luck with the sale.

I went to the page you linked - i see nothing in the guidelines to say i HAVE to put the number or reg in the advert, however i did find this -

"Personal Insults Are Not Permitted.
Any Personal Insults towards another member will have your accounts suspended. If you have been insulted use the Notify a post Button under that post. It will reach your forum moderator and Admin. From there allow us the time to deal with your complaint. Retaliation with an insult can not be tolerated your account will also be suspended. We have given you the tools so we can act upon your behalf."

I'm trying to buy a car today and the idiot that's selling it got in touch with me via text and told me to email him if I was still interested. confused

So maybe instead of picking holes in the advert you should read the guidelines smile

Posted By: Clive Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 1:00pm
Originally Posted by jamesallen
Good luck with the sale.

I went to the page you linked - i see nothing in the guidelines to say i HAVE to put the number or reg in the advert, however i did find this -

"Personal Insults Are Not Permitted.
Any Personal Insults towards another member will have your accounts suspended. If you have been insulted use the Notify a post Button under that post. It will reach your forum moderator and Admin. From there allow us the time to deal with your complaint. Retaliation with an insult can not be tolerated your account will also be suspended. We have given you the tools so we can act upon your behalf."

So maybe instead of picking holes in the advert you should read the guidelines smile

I think you have read Ste's replie the wrong way, no where has he insulted you, you have made a mistake, re-read his replie again.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 1:04pm
ste most car dealers would recommend covering the registration up as cars can be ringed!!!so why would it put buyers off?you know its s reg and you can view the car if genuinley interested!!!you seem like the waste of time on here and just like picking at peoples advertisments!!!good luck with selling it jamesallen.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 1:11pm
Originally Posted by pokerchamp
ste most car dealers would recommend covering the registration up as cars can be ringed!!!so why would it put buyers off?you know its s reg and you can view the car if genuinley interested!!!you seem like the waste of time on here and just like picking at peoples advertisments!!!good luck with selling it jamesallen.

Correction, I AM a dealer.

I was giving James advice not once have I made an insultive comment aimed towards him.

Who would want to ring this car?
It's not a DB9 by any means, I know from experience that hiding the reg puts people off, people like to check cars via hpi before they would view a car.

Posted By: raymondo Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 2:05pm
think people need to take some chil pils on here lately
Posted By: lau2908 Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 5:08pm
if you look on auto trader private sellers, DO display the reg plate, people like to do checks on the car BEFORE they bother going to see it
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 9:51pm
who and why would they check a s reg car?you know its not gonna need hpi checking!!!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 9:55pm
who and why would they check a s reg car?you know its not gonna need hpi checking!!!
far from it, always worth doing, three people on Wiki got caught out only recently.
Posted By: keving Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 30th Oct 2011 10:36pm

Yeah, for £4 why not check. Don't be so naive?
But to be honest I weight up the owner and the time they've had it (On the v5) before I even bother checking older cars.

As a rule I don't but older vehicles from anyone who's isn't on the v5 or hasn't had it long.........
Posted By: lau2908 Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 31st Oct 2011 11:16am
doing a check on the car isnt just for finance you know, it checks a number of things, whether the car was 1 year old or 20 years old for a couple of quid i would ALWAYS do a check before i part with any money
Posted By: mark1970 Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 31st Oct 2011 1:27pm
apparently an HPI check doesn't show whether someone has taken out a log book loan against the car though.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 31st Oct 2011 2:30pm
some do show log book loans and some dont, log book loans themselves register the hp on the car
Posted By: lansyp Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 1st Nov 2011 8:05pm
is the car still for sale there is someone looking for one on here called liant just thought i would ask
Posted By: jamesallen Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 2nd Nov 2011 11:30am
Yes the car is still for sale.

I cannot find a user by the name of "liant" on this site.

Posted By: Clive Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 2nd Nov 2011 11:34am
Originally Posted by jamesallen
Yes the car is still for sale.

I cannot find a user by the name of "liant" on this site.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/613621/Small_Car_Runabout.html#Post613621
Posted By: jamesallen Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 2nd Nov 2011 11:31pm
Thanks for the info, will direct him to this page smile

Also to everyone who moaned that i blackened out the number plate heres a pic -

Attached picture exterior1.JPG
Posted By: jamesallen Re: FIAT SEICENTO 1998 FOR SALE - 3rd Nov 2011 10:44am
The price of this has gone down to £450 ONO.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral