Forums
Posted By: polo_phil For Sale: Porsche 924 - 24th Nov 2010 9:48am
I bought this off DavidB on here and I'm considering selling it. ( Original Post )
I've not done a lot of mileage in it but it's now off the road due to me having 2 other cars at the time and now my girlfriend has moved in she has one too which I drive!
The MOT has now expired and it is currently Sorn. The changes I have made since owning it. New fuel pump. New fuel filter. Plugs, oil, filters late 2009. The bonnet is now matching with tatty silver paint (I had planned to get it painted again properly afterwards but never did).
Reason for sale. I have other cars to drive can't afford to run all of them... Also looking to buy my girlfriend a new car (she wants power steering).

I paid £650 when it had an MOT - it now doesn't. So sensible offers please. Can't think of anything it would fail an MOT on but could do with a good service.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: Porsche 924 - 24th Nov 2010 9:25pm
If it isnt likely to fail on an MOT, you may as well throw it through a £35 jobby and get a ticket for it, you will sell it easily then.

People are put off by classics like this without MOT's because if they need work doing, it usually isnt cheap.

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: Porsche 924 - 24th Nov 2010 9:41pm
Fix a shout if you want anything doing cheap Phil wink
Posted By: polo_phil Re: For Sale: Porsche 924 - 25th Nov 2010 9:01am
I would Matt but I'm not insured on it and wouldn't want to chance getting caught. Day insurance is ridiculously expensive so I'm stuck as to how I'd get it to a test centre? Do any places collect, MOT and return? hmm
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: For Sale: Porsche 924 - 25th Nov 2010 9:25pm
Phil leave it with me, i think i know someone smile if not, im sure you could just tow it to an MOT centre?
Posted By: TheDr Re: For Sale: Porsche 924 - 26th Nov 2010 6:34pm
Phil, I'm insured to drive anything, insured or not, so if you want it taking to an MoT centre (you can come with me) just give me a shout if that helps.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: For Sale: Porsche 924 - 27th Nov 2010 10:48am
Thanks guys. You're most kind
© Wirral-Wikiwirral