Forums
Posted By: kerryandrob virgin box and wireless router - 23rd Sep 2010 8:46pm
I have a Vigin media box with card and wireless router for sale if anyone interested pls make me an offer.
Posted By: kimpri Re: virgin box and wireless router - 23rd Sep 2010 8:56pm
you need to put a price on this?
Posted By: chris123 Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 6:31am
How's this gonna work then cause as soon as you stop subscribing, the equipments not gonna work!!!!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 7:03am
ten quid lads, thats what some dude goes round paying for them,they are useless to a normal humanoid.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 7:49am
Is it a chipped box or fake card?
Posted By: kerryandrob Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 8:09am
No not chipped just normal box and card.
Posted By: chris123 Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 8:17am
It won't work then once you stop subscribing and as its virgin medias equipment its not yours too resell
Posted By: kerryandrob Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 8:24am
I have paid Vigin media for the equipment as I was charged for it when we stopped subscribing.
Posted By: chris123 Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 8:45am
Vm will always own this equipment and its never for resale trust me - work for them
Posted By: polo_phil Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 8:56am
There was a box and wireless router on freecycle the other day.

Chris why wont VM give me a free HD box. I pay for XL and they said I need to pay an installation fee yet when my old pace box was playing up (infrared interference from tv) they came out to replace it but wouldn't do it with a HD box?... booo Virgin Media
Posted By: kimpri Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 9:28am
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
I don't think the box or cards can be modified anymore
Posted By: Anonymous Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 10:21am
Originally Posted by kimpri1
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
I don't think the box or cards can be modified anymore

you cannot get free Virgin TV from a modified box or a 3rd party reciever anymore virgin media has somethink called nag3 (nagravision3) that kills all illegal boxes, eurovox, starview, dboxes etc,etc,etc mad

100% illegal to sell there boxs. frown

It remains their property even when your contract has expired If you were caught selling it you could be charged for selling stolen goods.. If you read the eBay T&C selling cable boxs is against their rules Virgin boxs are rented from them, and are Virgin's property If you cancelled your contract with them they would arrange an appointment to collect the box from you as they want it back, This is why eBay say boxes cannot be sold.

Posted By: chris123 Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 10:48am
Jase, your right. What will normally happen is someone will buy one of these boxes, they will ring up to say its not working, we'll ask them for the box number, see that it does not belong to them, pass the details to our fraud department who will come round with the police to find out where they got it from etc etc really not worth it given that it is 100% guaranteed not to work anyway, bit of a no-brainer this one.....
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 11:40am
Lol, polo_Phil denno wether or not you've noticed but since virgin hd has come out the picture quality of the normal virgin has deteriourated.
You have to pay extra for hd. I think they've made it crap now for this reason.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 11:59am
I think your right Ste

They said I don't have to pay any extra monthly because of the package I'm on... but they said I have to pay £50 installation fee... which is a no.
Posted By: chris123 Re: virgin box and wireless router - 24th Sep 2010 12:05pm

http://community.virginmedia.com/
© Wirral-Wikiwirral