Forums
Posted By: gohunter OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 16th Sep 2010 9:37am
I have a ELMSCAN 327 OBD 2 (OBD II) scanner for diagnosing and clearing faults with your car ECU, on board computer, etc. I used it with my previous car (Peugeot 407) and it did everything I needed, but now I have a leased car, so no need for it any more as I am not allowed to "play" with it :-(

It has only been used once to detect and cure one problem, so it is like new. Comes complete with the software disk to install the diagnostic software on your laptop.

If you are interested, make me a SENSIBLE offer for it. Contact Gordon on 07786 698820 (To give you an idea of what to offer, they are currently selling for £69.99 plus P&P on ebay)
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 16th Sep 2010 11:47am
needs a price mate before the mods delete this
Posted By: gohunter Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 16th Sep 2010 3:25pm
OK if it needs to have a price then I'll ask for £40. No offers....
Posted By: raymondo Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 16th Sep 2010 8:09pm
have you tryed it your self as i bought one and it didnt work if it works ok i might be intersted
Posted By: gohunter Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 16th Sep 2010 8:49pm
Yes, Raymondo, as it says in the ad, it worked fine for me. Used it to diagnose a fault with the ABS on the Peugeot 407 I had.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 17th Sep 2010 8:04pm
£30 ill have it? def
Posted By: gohunter Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 18th Sep 2010 12:13pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
£30 ill have it? def

it says £40 NO OFFERS!
Posted By: raymondo Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 19th Sep 2010 8:18am
£35 then
Posted By: gohunter Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 19th Sep 2010 7:48pm
When I said £40 no offers, that is exactly what I meant. £40 gets it, and any less doesn't.

I can give no guarantees that it works on every feature on your car. Cars vary from make to make and model to model and the version of software varies by year and sometimes even month. Sometimes the ECU software will have been updated by a dealer. Manufacturer's are always trying to change things in order to tie you into their dealerships for servicing! Naughty practice I know, but it is a fact of life. All I can tell you is that it complies with the OBD 2 standards and it worked fine for what I wanted (ABS/ESP diagnosis) on the 2006 Peugeot 407 that I had.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 19th Sep 2010 8:00pm
What software is supplied?
& are you sure it does ABS systems?
i have a similar interface and it doesnt cover ABS,
Posted By: gohunter Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 19th Sep 2010 8:04pm
Chris, as I said in the previous post, it did my ABS. It varies from car to car, manufacturer to manufacturer, software version to software version. The software that comes with it is called Scantool.
Posted By: gohunter Re: OBD 2 (OBD II) Scanner - 19th Sep 2010 8:29pm
Just looked on the installation disk and it also has EasyOBDII, OBD2Spy, ScanMaster-ELM and wOBDCRAZY on there, but I know that some of these are demo versions with a time limit on them. ScanMaster-ELM is definitely a demo as the files say so.

It says on the software instructions "we suggest that you can use "scantool_net113win",if you think that this software isn't easy to use, you can free to choose following software: EasyOBDII, OBD2Spy, ScanMaster-ELM. But them require lisence."
© Wirral-Wikiwirral