Forums
Posted By: McChimp For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 5:53pm
Barely used Belinea 22" Widescreen monitor. Selling because I can't afford to run my PC.

VGA Output and scratchless screen.

£100 ono.

Attached picture DSC00492.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 6:24pm
Originally Posted by McChimp
Selling because I can't afford to run my PC.

Why is this? think
Posted By: McChimp Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 6:46pm
Because I work on it in 3DS, Unreal and Photoshop so ill be working for hours and we found that it is cheaper to run my laptop because I can run these programs in the laptops eco mode. It was costing close to £1 (I think) an hour on the meter to run the PC.

Either way I havent used the machine because the past few times ive used the PC there's been a big chun taken out of the leccy meter and the laptop doesnt take much.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 6:57pm
I know what you mean, my laptop, clocked down to 900Mhz in eco-mode, is more than fast enough to run everything I use it for (intensive user - core2duo) and only uses 27w in eco-mode and 36w it full throttle.

When you consider the average PC uses 100w+, it makes a massive difference, the bigger the screen, the bigger and brighter the CCFL, hence the more power used to operate.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 7:18pm
Wow, didn`t know that omg
I thought desktops used little power, SO does that mean (my last pc had a 600w power supply, normaly they are around 400w) it would have been using around £1:50 per hour? think
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 7:23pm
Afaik, the average price per Kw is ~13p, so even pulling 1000w it would only be £3.12 per day.

But over a month thats when you start to realise how much you can save - people change eletric supplier to save £20 - £50 per year, you can easily save in excess of that by using devices correctly.
Posted By: McChimp Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 7:26pm
Yeah and needing every penny I get means I don't get time to do work! (Or play UT3)

Do you think 100 is a bit steep I paid 140 for it this time last year?
Posted By: Wheels Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 7:45pm
Hence my change to a 180w CCTV pc from a 550watt smile
How do you work this out guys? there are two of us here so the laptop and the PC is on very regularly at the same time so would be interested to see how much this is costing me.

Cheers
Posted By: MattLFC Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 8:10pm
A power meter mate, Maplin and the like sell them.

Get your price for 1Kwh (1000w an hour) and hey presto you can work out from that.

smile
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 8:18pm
Originally Posted by McChimp
Yeah and needing every penny I get means I don't get time to do work! (Or play UT3)

Do you think 100 is a bit steep I paid 140 for it this time last year?

you have a pm grin
Posted By: McChimp Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 24th May 2010 8:19pm
A topic needs to be started for this disscussion because it does raise a good point.
Thanks Matt mate
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: 22" Belina Widescreen monitor - 2nd Jul 2010 1:36am
Is this sold?

£40 here wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral