Forums
Posted By: TheDr B&W CCTV Monitor - 4th May 2010 11:41am
Have three or four of these sitting in the back of the shop, they were working when last used but I'll let them go as "untested" as that was a while ago.

They are about 14" screens and are free (or a kind donation to our tea float) to anyone who can make use of them.

No cameras or leads of any sort included and these are (I think) all BNC connections.

Let me know if you want them and are coming down (10-6 Mon-Sat) as I'll have to dig them out.
Posted By: scoops Re: B&W CCTV Monitor - 4th May 2010 11:59am
Are they the type that power the camera as well?
Posted By: TheDr Re: B&W CCTV Monitor - 4th May 2010 12:09pm
No they are normal CRT monitors, very square/cube-like that you send the signal from your camera or quad/multi to.

They are not wireless and your camera (or receiver) does need to have a BNC (or Line-out with convertor) to plug into this.
Posted By: scoops Re: B&W CCTV Monitor - 4th May 2010 12:56pm
Right, gotcha. I've got some old Phillips cctv cameras that get their power from the monitor and I'm finding it damn near impossible to find a monitor that will run them. Looks like I'll have to figure something else out instead.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: B&W CCTV Monitor - 7th May 2010 10:01pm
Originally Posted by scoops
Right, gotcha. I've got some old Phillips cctv cameras that get their power from the monitor and I'm finding it damn near impossible to find a monitor that will run them. Looks like I'll have to figure something else out instead.

The easiest and cheapest solution (if you know what your doing) is to open up the camera and separate the power circuit from the video input and either have a lead coming out or put a little socket on the case (if there is room for a socket).

You need 12V 500mA supplies for each camera (or if running them all from one location then a single 12V with half an amp per camera).

I most probably can do this for you if you need (free other than parts).

Alternatively it should be pretty easy to build a phantom power adaptor for the other end of the cable costing less than a fiver for parts (per adaptor - depending how pretty you want it) plus cost of power supply.
Posted By: scoops Re: B&W CCTV Monitor - 7th May 2010 10:12pm
Cheers DD I'd pretty much settled on your second idea as the one to go with, should be a fun little project to keep me busy laugh
Thanks for confirming that I was thinking along the right lines though laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral