Forums
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 9:31am
hi all.
i have approx 30-40 baby bristlenose's. 2-3cm they are all common browns. they have come from a GUARANTEED none related breeding pair. i have another brood in the cave just turned to wrigglers. will be ready in a couple of months if you were looking to breed as this batch is from a different GUARANTEED none relation pair. all my adult bn's r none relation to each other. you could get 1 now and 1 in a couple of months and they will be 100 % none relation. i would normally wait till a tad bigger before selling but they r growing at an excellent rate and i have already moved 2 single bn's into 2 tanks which r doing great and a further 5 have gone to a mates tank which r all doing great. if u have any BIG fish u would need plenty of hiding places in the tank for the bn's. you would need some algae wafers to feed them on but if u have no pleco's or other tank cleaners they will be fine for a couple of days off ur tanks natural algae. they also love cucumber, corgette, and nectarine from time to time. i am asking £2.50 per fish or £10 for 5. most pet shops have offered me £2-£3 but want me to grow em a little bit bigger as they sell em for £8-£10+ but with another brood in the cave i will soon be over run.
thanks
Posted By: Danny888 Re: bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 5:06pm
I have a 6 inch BN - Can you have more than one or will they fight?
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 5:25pm
nah they r generally fine with each other being vegatarians. i have 3 big males and 2 big females and recently re-homed them with 4 juviniles (2 inch)born in november. and i was worried my males may be terretorial with the others but they werent. they r all fine with each other. i don't know if it is because i have like 3 caves in there and plenty of plants so they can avoid each other if neccesary but they all seem to get on well. even at feeding times.
Posted By: Danny888 Re: bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 5:47pm
Is it easy to sex them? Wouldnt mind having an alternative gender for mine
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 5:52pm
it is really easy to sex them as males have dominant bristles and females rarely get any bristles. but they can't be sexed till they r like 2-3 inches. approx 10 months old. best thing to do is what i did. get a few. like 3. wait till they r sexable then sell the other 2 u don't want.
Posted By: Danny888 Re: bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 6:06pm
Hmm I might have some off you then!

You got any pics? Just out of interest really
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 6:13pm
yea mate will get some up shortly.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 12th Apr 2010 8:03pm
here is a few pics.

bristlenose babies 1
[Linked Image]

bristlenose babies 2
[Linked Image]

bristlenose babies 3
[Linked Image]

bristlenose mum
[Linked Image]

bristlenose parents
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 13th Apr 2010 6:02pm
will have some albino's in a few months too hopefully.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 8th Jul 2010 5:26pm
have more of these available now. only common brown's. got no albino's available yet. have about 30 babies at a sellable size at £2.50 per fish or 5 for £10. let me know if nyone wants any.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: bristlenose baby's - 8th Jul 2010 6:08pm
rickie i have a fish which i`d like you to have, you look after your pets well so i think it would be wise for you to have said fish happy
Posted By: Fordyal Re: bristlenose baby's - 23rd Jul 2010 5:45pm
Hello Have You Got Any Of These Left And Are They Cold Water ?? thank
Posted By: Capt_America Re: bristlenose baby's - 23rd Jul 2010 6:52pm
Welcome, Fordyal, to the machine.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 24th Jul 2010 9:27am
i have LOADS of thse but no sorry, they r warm water fish.
Posted By: Fordyal Re: bristlenose baby's - 24th Jul 2010 9:41am
Have u got any cold water ones for sale ??
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo Re: bristlenose baby's - 24th Jul 2010 10:15am
nah soz. only keep tropical fish. just about to start marine tho.
Posted By: Fordyal Re: bristlenose baby's - 24th Jul 2010 10:17am
frown ive got goldfish and 1 just died smirk
Posted By: Fordyal Re: bristlenose baby's - 14th Dec 2010 6:15pm
Have You Got Any bristlenose baby's ?? x
Posted By: poodlepup Re: bristlenose baby's - 6th Jan 2011 5:13pm
Hi i have sent you a pm i'm after a bristlenose
julie
© Wirral-Wikiwirral