Forums
Posted By: StuyMac LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 22nd Jan 2010 11:19am
LED side lights to replace the push in 501 bulbs.

These have built in resistors, so if your car has a bulb failure warning system, fitting normal LEDs will flag an error - these dont!

Each unit has 4 LEDs, so they are very bright - £10 per pair...

[Linked Image]

These are the std push in bulbs on my BMW...

[Linked Image]

...and with these LEDs fitted...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 22nd Jan 2010 12:22pm
Were the hell did you get them from chewy, ive tried countless bulbs on mine not thinking that it was the bulb failure system that was stopping them from working!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 22nd Jan 2010 12:24pm
Ebay mate - they are around £14 a pair on there...
I got a pair of those exact ones off Ebay about 6 months ago and fitted them to the golf. I can confirm they are very bright and don't flag up any warning lights.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 25th Jan 2010 5:03pm
Can I have them please? Will compliment the xenons on the Z4 well I would have thought.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 25th Jan 2010 5:04pm
Just to add, I only need one pair.

Thanks
Posted By: Wheels Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 25th Jan 2010 5:16pm
nice, very effective upgrade
Posted By: StuyMac Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 25th Jan 2010 5:17pm
Sorry everyone, Sanchez has taken these...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 25th Jan 2010 7:25pm
You win some, you lose some!

Sanchez, if you want rid of one pair, do give me a shout.

Stu, can you link me to where I can buy some please?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 26th Jan 2010 8:43am
Alex,

Try here smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 26th Jan 2010 11:23am
Purchased... cheers!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: LED Sidelights for car with Canbus system - 26th Jan 2010 11:28am
happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral