Forums
Posted By: DavidB Angel fish! - 5th Sep 2009 12:28pm
Have three Angel Fish for sale. They are about two inches in length from mouth to rear. My girlfriend has an aquarium but these 'scare' the other fish. They have been in the tank for a year, and they are starting to chase the other ones (who seem to be happy-go luck type fish). Will get a photo up!
Posted By: minimad5 Re: Angel fish! - 5th Sep 2009 11:35pm
Im guessing somethin' like this:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DavidB Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 12:03am
Yeah, but yellow! They're nice, but they don't go well with the friendly, dopey fish in there.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 12:08am
There bullies might eat other fish in tank (flush em)?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 12:11am
Would rather rehome them tbh. They're not attacking or wounding anything, but it's annoying seeing them chasing the other fish now and then.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 12:28am
gave mine away for same reason. trade them in at local pet shop.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 1:54am
Shame; the only problem we had with our Angelfish was with the Betta's and the Neon Dwarf Gourami's - fortunately, all 3 just bitched amongst themselves, and were all talk, no action. The nearest they got to conflict was when the Gourami would be a cheeky Grrr and hit the Angel with his feelers, to which the Angel would return the compliment, and that would be that, they would run away from each other.

Never had any problems with these three and the other fish in the tank (there's allsorts in it - a Juwel Trigon so a VERY big and expensive tank). The red tailed sharks didnt like Goldfish though, and would chase them to the point of exhaustion, so we had to get them out of the tropical tank and into the pond. I now have a coldwater tank for Goldfish cos I love Goldies hehe.

I can't believe someone suggested flushing them, that is out of order im afraid.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 7:19am
Originally Posted by Violet
Would rather rehome them tbh. They're not attacking or wounding anything, but it's annoying seeing them chasing the other fish now and then.

Take it you never read up about Angel Fish then, they are a trouble causing fish.

Same as Tiger Barbs are in a pack they cause murder.

Posted By: DavidB Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 8:26am
They actually sit in the back of the tank, and just occasionally dart out at another fish when they feel like it. I've got a Bi-Ube thing which is very pretty and all that, but not exactly big.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 10:56am
BTW, these are being given away, I can deliver free!

Does anyone know if I exchange them at a pet/fish shop?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 11:57am

Does anyone know if I exchange them at a pet/fish shop?

It's worth a try going to a Pet Shop and exchanging them.

I use to keep tropical fish some years ago. I use to keep guppies and black mollies. Most mornings I wake up and find wee fry's at the bottom of the tank hiding. Guppies and Mollies are sex mad fish!! I would try and rescue the fry and put them into an overhanging plastic box to feed them this yolk-like mix. Got fed up in the end and fed them to the big fish!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 7:03pm
You could try Andy's Aquatics for an exchange but they would need to keep them for a while to check for health.

Failing that try Waterworld on the Chester High Road ring them and ask if it's possible for a swap for some other fish.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 7:33pm
Originally Posted by kimpri1
There bullies might eat other fish in tank (flush em)?
*gasps in shock* thats terrible but strangly also very funny
Posted By: DavidB Re: Angel fish! - 6th Sep 2009 11:37pm
It's the GF's fish, she only has a couple of lionheads and those redcap fish. They're really nice, they come up to the glass when you go close, and they go ballistic when they see the fish food pot in front of the tank!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angel fish! - 7th Sep 2009 8:22pm
Hi mate, id be interested in these - presumably if I take all 3 they will live happily ever after? What size of tank do they need?

I havent had fish for ages, but I think a well kept fish tank looks fantastic in a room and would be keen to have one.

I would need to go out and buy the required stuff before collecting them.

Yellow is excellent too, the OH's favourite colour!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Angel fish! - 7th Sep 2009 9:46pm
It's the GF's fish, she only has a couple of lionheads and those redcap fish. They're really nice, they come up to the glass when you go close, and they go ballistic when they see the fish food pot in front of the tank!

Yep, Angelfish are very sociable and love to interact with humans, and amazingly intelligent too. Certainly one of the better varieties of fish to have in a tank, if they remain peaceful with the other fish in there.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Angel fish! - 8th Sep 2009 3:29pm
I took these to Andy's Aquatics as they had killed 3 of the small fish, couldn't wait any longer. Actually, they didn't even offer a swap and just took them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Angel fish! - 9th Sep 2009 2:23pm
Gutted - would have had them too. Ah well.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Angel fish! - 10th Sep 2009 6:17pm
Really had to get rid TODAY (or yesterday in this case). When I saw three gnawed at fish floating on the top they went straight away!

If that's not enough the huge Carp fish in the garden pond we've had for nearly four years died, found it floating on the top! frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral