Forums
Posted By: Archaeo For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 16th Mar 2009 3:58pm
I'm selling this and another car which belonged to my Nan and Grandad 106 Thread, who have both (sensibly) decided to give up driving this year as they are now both getting on a bit!

This Rover was my grandad's and has 55k on the clock. It's automatic and is very nippy, but not amazing on fuel because it's a decent engine.

It's got all the electric package, a full set of Rover alloy wheels and metallic paint. It was the top model when they bought it, and it has a full service history, including a new exhaust which was put on a few months ago.

The only problem is that there is a water leak somewhere, so the radiator needs topping up all the time. I've no intention of paying to get it fixed as I haven't got the time and just want it off the drive for my new car! I'm sure if you know a mechanic or have some basic knowledge, you could easily fix this....I haven't got a clue. Other than the leak, the car is in amazing nick. Bought from new.

Open to offers, but not daft ones!!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 16th Mar 2009 4:12pm
to be honest this sounds like the typical rover head gasket failure. is the oil whitish? check the filler cap and dipstick for mayo like substances...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 16th Mar 2009 4:22pm
Originally Posted by chris_gilly
to be honest this sounds like the typical rover head gasket failure. is the oil whitish? check the filler cap and dipstick for mayo like substances...

withthat
Posted By: Archaeo Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 16th Mar 2009 6:17pm
I've not got a clue to be honest, although it already had a head gasket changed about 2 years ago?

I'll get £100 for it scrap plus the tyres so I'm not overly concerned, it's just a waste to scrap a car in otherwise good condition!
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 16th Mar 2009 6:27pm
ive PM'd you thanks
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 16th Mar 2009 6:43pm
head gaskets are prone to going on rovers as they use rubber seals to sort this a modifyed head gasket is available...
Posted By: DavidB Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 17th Mar 2009 12:28am
They use plastic dowels. wink The OE head gasket has a rubbish bead on it. The Freelander head uses steel dowels.
Posted By: chris_gilly Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 17th Mar 2009 11:31am
thats what i was getting at the beading smile a new gasket is available which doesnt use the beading... i was reading this in this months car mechanics smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 17th Mar 2009 6:34pm
HOW MUCH IS IT DEANO?
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: For Sale: P Reg Rover 216sli (Auto) - 20th Mar 2009 9:56pm
water pump bets yer

£150
© Wirral-Wikiwirral