Forums
Posted By: AX_125 For Sale: E-Macs - 31st Jul 2008 3:39pm
I have a selection of emacs for sale (White with the computer built into the screen) including plastic stand and Mac OSX preinstalled.

800 Mhz model - £50
1.25GHz Model - £65

Don't be fooled by the low processor speed, they are 10 times faster the equivalent spec PC's
Posted By: red20 Re: For Sale: E-Macs - 9th Aug 2008 6:11pm
any more info an pic plz
Posted By: Waddi Re: For Sale: E-Macs - 9th Aug 2008 7:04pm
can these be networked along side Windows based PC's/Laptops, wi-fi'ed and their hard-drives shared. what about printer sharing.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: For Sale: E-Macs - 9th Aug 2008 7:06pm
Originally Posted by red20
any more info an pic plz

you cant run windows on em pal.

[Linked Image]

computers for the intelligent wink
Posted By: AX_125 Re: For Sale: E-Macs - 9th Aug 2008 7:13pm
Hi,

sorry, only just seen these replies

Yeah thae pic above is the one, although the ones i have are on stands.

HDD's can be shared although only within a workgroup environment, so basically you have to add the same users on every machine.

We had them running alongside PC's in a windows domain for years both accessing the same stuff and each others HDDs.

These don't have wireless (that i know of), although you can buy USB wireless devices. We only ever had Network printer, as a PC Technician, personally i would use a PC as a print server but macs do have a share option.

Generally, they are not the best for administration on a network, but they do plug in and they do work and continue to work without many problems.
Posted By: Waddi Re: For Sale: E-Macs - 9th Aug 2008 9:13pm
Oh Ok, I was looking for something to be used as a cheap server.

Just a few questions about compatability with software;
MSN Messenger?
torrent software?

other than this, The person Im thinking of, only browses web, and stores photos on their current windows based PC. and its a butt ugly grey tower with butt ugly 14" beize monitor, so the looks of the MAC may be more appealing.

What about media capabilities? Music/video is another main thing they use their current pc for. Does it have a DVD?
Posted By: AX_125 Re: For Sale: E-Macs - 10th Aug 2008 12:42am
MSN Messenger and torrent software, yes. the 1.25 has a dvd reader and cd writer, it plays videos much better than equivalent PC's (Alot of designers and editors use macs for video and graphic editing as they handle multiple programs much better,
Posted By: Waddi Re: For Sale: E-Macs - 10th Aug 2008 5:21am
I'll ask them today if their interested then.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral